Why the Reel Whirld looses out too Gaimes...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Why the Reel Whirld looses out too Gaimes...

Post by Duper »

1.The only damsel's in distress either dont want your help, OR they think of you as a friend when you help them out
2.Cars DO take damage when you run into things and repairs take longer than the time it takes for you to scroll through the options menu
3.There is no save checkpoint, when you f*** up you are screwed
4. There are people stronger than you and killing a snake in the forest (no matter how many times) wont change that.
5. Your backpack does not have limitless space and that ★■◆● is heavy too
6.There are no magic potions to make you all better
7. If you fight more than one person at a time chances are you will lose
8. Your life does not have cool background music that changes depending on the situation.
9. the good guy CAN lose
10. breaking into people's houses (no matter the reason) is punishable by law.

(ok.. found this on another forum, just thought I'd share. ;))
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ON THE OTHER HAND:

In real life people don't say the same phrase over, and over, and over, and over in the exact same inflection.

In real life if you feel like talking to somebody, you can talk to absolutely anyone you come across. They don't need to have anything floating over their heads, and they probably won't shake you off with a generic comeback such as "I can't talk now". What's more, you can choose freely what you say!

In real life, if you're hanging out with your friends, and you try to cross the room, they'll move out of your way automatically. There's never any need to keep walking into them until they get the point.

In real life, if you go to the store there's usually more than eight or nine products you can choose from. And they don't have policies on how much of each item you're allowed to own at a time.

In real life, if you have your back to the wall there are no "camera" issues preventing you from seeing what's immediately in front of you.

In real life, if you're running along and you partially run into a barrier - say, the lower half of your left leg collides with one of those 'caution: wet floor' signs - you won't keep running in place until you change direction and go around the obstacle.

In real life, if there's a three-foot-tall boulder just underneath the fence behind which is your destination, you never have to wonder, "Can I get on that thing?". There's no chance that if you try, you'll slide down the boulder like it was protected by some kind of force field. As a matter of fact, anything that looks like it could be done by a semi-functional human being can be done! There's no overlord anywhere declaring "Sure, you can shimmy up that drainpipe, climb through that vent, even run straight along that sheer wall - but you can't climb over that log, because that's not the way you go".

And finally, in real life you're not being constantly attacked by giant multi-coloured spike lizards from some fantasy land/outer space/another dimension/what-have-you.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

There is no pixelation in real life, and your framerate will never lag out. :P
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Krom wrote:There is no pixelation in real life, and your framerate will never lag out. :P
unless you really want it, or get hit in the head.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Ok, if you get hit in the head and see pixelation and "framerate lags", You need to get away from the computer more. :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yup, time for a "defrag". ;)
suicide eddie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by suicide eddie »

< sees the world in wireframe
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Cheater. ;)
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Re: Why the Real World looses out to Games...

Post by JMEaT »

Duper wrote:4. There are people stronger than you and killing a snake in the forest (no matter how many times) wont change that.
I dunno, those snakes drop a rare/ex +2 Legendary NoS System that works good against aggressive drivers.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Good lists. I think they could easily be much longer and better though.
8. Your life does not have cool background music that changes depending on the situation.
Oh, but it does. 8)
In real life, if there's a three-foot-tall boulder just underneath the fence behind which is your destination, you never have to wonder, "Can I get on that thing?". There's no chance that if you try, you'll slide down the boulder like it was protected by some kind of force field. As a matter of fact, anything that looks like it could be done by a semi-functional human being can be done! There's no overlord anywhere declaring "Sure, you can shimmy up that drainpipe, climb through that vent, even run straight along that sheer wall - but you can't climb over that log, because that's not the way you go".
My favorite.
This is probably the one I wish we had most in RL (but perhaps with a limited use policy).
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

In real life you can't play with the buttons at the end of your massive black throbbing Joy Stick for hours on end recieving immense pleasure at every twist and turn.
MDX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MDX »

In real life, you can't jump super-high to get anywhere in a single bound.

In real life, you can't speed up or slow down at teh press of a button.

In real life, you can't blast away ten robots at once with a gun the size of the state of Texas.

In real life, you can't fly space ships through space, shooting down enemy ships and robots with seemingly infinite ammo in your main laser cannons.

In real life, not every opponent will go down with one hit. Usually it takes a good pummeling to literally beat someone to death.

In real life, the enemies you defeat in battle don't simply vanish after a few seconds.

In real life, you cannot take more than one shot and keep going. If you get hit in the right place, you could die in less than a second.

Thought I'd throw some of my own in. ;)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Duper wrote:ON THE OTHER HAND:

In real life people don't say the same phrase over, and over, and over, and over in the exact same inflection.
Don't know my parents do you? ;)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

In real life you can't run and fire a gun accurately at the same time.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Of course, you mean "loses".

"Loose" is the opposite of "tight", and can't be plural, unless you are referring to how many time the word "loose" appears on a page.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Clayman wrote:
My favorite.
This is probably the one I wish we had most in RL (but perhaps with a limited use policy).

X2

god there is alot of stuff i wish i could change in my previous life

** AND NO!! THE DBB IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!! :twisted: :lol:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Clayman wrote: My favorite.

It would probably be government regulated.. :roll: :wink:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Mobius wrote:Of course, you mean "loses".

"Loose" is the opposite of "tight", and can't be plural, unless you are referring to how many time the word "loose" appears on a page.
Do you enjoy being repeatedly ass-raped, Mobitroll? :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I don't think there is a point to trolling back at Mobius, everyone knows Duper meant "loses" nobody cares about one of the more common typos on the net except spelling nazi post-and-run trolls.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Mobius wrote:Of course, you mean "loses".

If you're going to be a grammar nazi, at least be entertaining about it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Krom wrote:I don't think there is a point to trolling back at Mobius, everyone knows Duper meant "loses" nobody cares about one of the more common typos on the net except spelling nazi post-and-run trolls.
OH!.. is THAT what he's refering to. .. WTFE .. :roll:

really .. this is one of the few places i don't worry too much about spelling of grammer. i took english in college and did very WELL in it. Just don't go dangling your participles here. :P save that for the NHB forum.

*eidit* NAZI THAT! :twisted:
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Duper wrote:*eidit* NAZI THAT! :twisted:
ONNED!
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

in real life when you talk smack to someone you probally will get punched in teh face.

in real life dead bodies do not clean up after themselves

in real life no one leaves the key in the ignition on every vehical

in real life hostages are not flat and always facing you
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

In real life you can't twist your body slightly, lean forward or backward (personal preference) and turn slightly left or right to increase your momentum by 2.07 times.....in any direction!! :P

In real life you can't tap your gas pedal at just the right rythm depending on the vehicle to go faster than someone else in the same vehicle!! :P