Whos got a Nintendo DS?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Whos got a Nintendo DS?

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Anyone got a DS?

I got mine last weekend
and I got Super Mario 64 DS yesterday
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Newp, I'm happy with my SP.
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

I got a DS around christmas time. It's currently sitting in my TV cabinet kinda not doing much. It's fun to.. um.. talk to myself with Pictochat. Because you can draw pictures. And text too! It's a great conversation piece too. People usually ask... "Why the fu(k does it have two screens?" And I'll say "Because nintendo is a bunch of jackasstic geniuses that have incredible ideas, but release them to the public 3 years too early with only a lame demo of it's capabilities available, and then inadvertantly forget to put 'make good games for this system' in their TO-DO list when releasing consoles. Oh yeah, and you can poke the bottom one."

I got Warioware Touched for my DS. Pretty insane game, but it gets old about as quick as masturbating with your left hand.

It's the truth I swear it.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i saved my money and got a PSP insted :P
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

I have one, but I think the PSP is a lot better.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

What's PSP besides Paint Shop Pro?
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

It's an Acronym.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Play Station Portable
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

I've gotten really good with my left hand though.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

NINTENDOGS

But seriously, the problem with the DS is that no one is really too sure how to develop for it - game developpers have to think of new and innovating ways to make games for it with the touch screen, and 90% of game developpers have no ★■◆●ing idea how to do that.

As a result, the only good games coming out for it are the ones made by nintendo.

On the other hand, the PSP is just a portable playstation - no tricks to it. All the developers got to do is make the graphics as pretty as possible and get that sucker on there.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

That was my impression with the DS as well. Sure, this feature is vaguely cool, but it is really useful? Most of the time? You just uh... don't need it for most games, unless you want a stats screen at the same time or something.
MDX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MDX »

Personally, I do not plan on EVER even THINKING of owning a DS. EVER. Why? BECAUSE:

1) Some games are not playable on a touch screen for me. I treid playing a multiplayer game of Metroid Prime Hunters at a Gamestop once, and got mopped when I tried to switch to missiles...which you can only do on the touch pad. Now, if you're talking something like Bejeweled, I'd consider playing with touch screen. But a FPS like Metroid Prime? I'll stick to my GBA, thanks.

2) The games themselves aren't very impressive. All they are are a bunch of titles already released upgraded for the DS touch screen. I've never been a Wario Ware junkie, and Mario is kind low on my list of favorite games characters.

3) When you tap, poke, rub, and scratch at that bottom screen with that stylus, eventually it marks up the screen to the point where the stylus will not work anymore. And most of the games that Nintendo so brilliantly released for this piece of junk rely heavily on the touch screen. HAS NINTENDO GONE JUST PLAIN STUPID??!!!

So, because of those three reasons, I'd rather stick with the Playstation and Xbox. At least they know how to make good launch titles for their new systems.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

...X-box handhelds?