Some Music I did

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Some Music I did

Post by Ferno »

I present my first music piece: Kickoff.

http://www3.telus.net/murd0ch/Murdoch%20-%20kickoff.mp3
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Pretty good I must say got some hard beats to it.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

BTW, you ever do anything more with your "Off the wall" clip?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

not really, perfect.. I put that aside for now. One day i'll come back to it.
Elektron
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Elektron »

Hey Ferno,

I am a musician myself. I've been making electronic music for several years now.

I decided to give your track a listen. You have some pretty good ideas with the song. I like the arpeggiated intro.
I think the song transitions are a bit abrupt. That is something that will come easier the more you compose.
In many parts of the song the low end of the sound spectrum sounds indistinctive from the rest of the mix. One trick you can do with that is using an EQ to roll off the low end of the lead synths and EQ off the high end of the bassline. You can create a sonic pocket for each element of the song to sit in. That way the mix sounds full without sounding crowded. It takes a bit of messing with, but much of the magic of a song is in the mixdown.

Placing a work of art out for public comments and critique takes guts. I hope my comments don't put you off towards making more music. My comments are just that, my comments. Art in all forms is subjective. What matters the most is that you please your own ears with your material.

I have some songs online if you're interested in giving them a listen. You can download them at http://www.elektronmusic.com if you want.
Lately I have been all over the map with what I compose, but I make techno danceish music most of the time.