Order specs for my new puter

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

XeonJr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Order specs for my new puter

Post by XeonJr »

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.2Ghz) Dual-Core Processor
-Leadtek Winfast PX7800 GTX TDH MyVIVO 256MB PCIExpress (getting two for sli operation)
-2x512Mb OCZ PC-4000 GOLD EL DC VX CL2
-DFI LanParty nF4 SLi-DR
-Thermalright XP90C All Cooper CPU Cooler
-Logitech MX518 gaming mouse
-antec true 550w pci-e (non EPS)
-antec p180 case
-D-Link DSL-504T ADSL-2/2+ ADSL Modem ( for my sexy aprox 10000/1000 adsl2 connection :p)
-Liteon dual layer DVD burner

aprox cost $4300 AUD

going to drop the cpu multiplier and get the HT to about 250 running 2228 cas settings
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Looks like you did your research well. The only thing I would change would be the DVD burner, try out the NEC 3520A or Pioneer DVR-109.

Are you planning on leaving that CPU at or near default core speed? You might be able to reach as high as 2.6 GHz with that core. It will be plenty fast at default, but still a bit underpowered in current single threaded games compared to the video card(s) you are paring it with. But if you get a solid overclock out of it you will be fine. Even the FX-57 would have it's hands full trying to keep those video cards busy. You can probably save a bit and not suffer much in the way of visible performance loss by dropping the second video card...unless you plan on playing at 1600x1200 or 2048x1536 with some sort of AA enabled. :P
XeonJr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by XeonJr »

getting 2 7800's so I can run BF2 max settings and high resolution :)

Tah for the burner suggestion.. i'll research it before I place my order:P
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Good choice on the P180. Antec finally got their sh*t together and made a case that looks as good as it works. I've got the P160 for my server box. Great case, but its kinda fugly. The Sonata is also a great looking case, but kinda small and not available in aluminum.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Why not just set fire to a bunch of money?

A single, Venice Cored A64 3800+ is ALL you need.

Dual core = no value for money unless you REALLY have a requirement for dual CPUs. And Xeon - I know you - and you do NOT have that need. :P

Dually 7800's?

OMFG - you crack me up man. Best laugh I've had in days. Please enjoy your 19% finance rate!
XeonJr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by XeonJr »

lol @ mobius... The machine is actually costing ME nothing... it's free :P I'll get what I want THX

How about you stick to counting your own beans :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Love is in the air!!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

XeonJr wrote:lol @ mobius... The machine is actually costing ME nothing... it's free :P I'll get what I want THX

How about you stick to counting your own beans :P
If you can get whatever you want, get the 4800+ :P
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Where is a STFU Mobius! picture when you need one...