maximum frustration!!

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

maximum frustration!!

Post by max kragen »

First of all, I hope this is the right place to put this....apoligies if not.
Now, on to the issue at hand...I'm having problems getting into games I create on Shiva's SOD. Most of the time, with level 12 for instance,I go into a game I have created, it tells me 'failed to open mn. file'(which I take to mean I dont have the level in my missions file,this I dont understand because I can go straight to the level in my singleplayer mode). Then, after creating a game, I sometimes get the message 'levels dont match'...to which I understand I may not have the servers same map....but, how's a person to find this 'matching level' when no links are given?and why are planet descents levels not matching some of the servers?? Why do they change the original map??? Thanks, in advance, for your help. Max :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Keep in mind Shiva's SOD is a linux server and suffers from the Linux checksum bug, which causes many levels to fail with "levels don't match".
max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by max kragen »

Krom wrote:Keep in mind Shiva's SOD is a linux server and suffers from the Linux checksum bug, which causes many levels to fail with "levels don't match".

great...<sigh>
tyvm,btw :)