I can't believe no one has talked about the superbowl yet

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

The problem isn't that they can't already do that. The hard part would me making such a transmitter fit into a football and actually survive all of the rough handling during a game. Furthermore, imagine the chaos when the ref forgot to charge the battery overnight and the transmitter dies RIGHT before a touchdown. :D
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Officials Blame Seahawks Loss on Seahawks

The NFL officiating crew who called the Super Bowl XL match-up between Pittsburgh and Seattle has sounded off on the outcome of the game, blaming the Seahawks’ 11-point loss on the horrible play of the Seahawks.

“I’m not one to usually blame the players after a game, but that was one of the weakest displays of football I’ve ever seen. Their players should be ashamed of themselves,” said head referee Bill Leavy.

Leavy and the rest of his crew pointed to numerous instances of the Seahawks losing the game.

“I can’t even count the number of passes they dropped, or how many times they failed to convert on third down,” said back judge Bob Waggoner. “And we all saw how poorly they managed the clock and how their coaches were out-coached in pretty much every facet of the game. As soon as the game ended, we all had a bad taste in our mouths because we knew we had witnessed one of the worst performances by a team in Super Bowl history.”

In addition to the numerous mistakes cited by Waggoner, Leavy pointed to other ways the Seahawks gave the game to the Steelers.

“I don’t want to imply the game was fixed, but it definitely seemed there was something fishy going on,” said Leavy. “The fact that Seattle missed two field goals and that they didn’t make a single big play the entire game while, in comparison, the Steelers came through with big plays whenever they needed them really jumps out to me. The league can fine me for saying this if they want, but I definitely think the Seahawks played a major role in the Seahawks losing that game.”

League spokesman Greg Aiello says the league will review the performance of the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

“Since the Super Bowl is the NFL’s showcase game, we want to make sure that everything involved with it is of the highest quality so fans are happy and content with the result,” said Aiello. “That said, we may have to decide that the Seahawks won’t be allowed to appear in the Super Bowl ever again because after initial review of the game film, they really, really, really sucked and definitely did not deserve to win by any stretch of the imagination. NFL fans deserve better than that from a team appearing in the Super Bowl.”