ACT by Sage software?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

ACT by Sage software?

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Anyone use this software? If so, have you shared a database between users on a non-domain nework?

Any insights on how?

I've set it up as a server on one PC and opied the *.pad file to the remote PCs and tried loading it into ACT but it always gives me an error about network connectivity. I know the network is running cause I can browse to other pcs, surf the net etc.
KtheC'
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KtheC' »

I use this every day and have done some very basic configuring with it.
I am assuming you have everything of importance on your server. From the client side you just need to locate the datebase \"pad\" file and open it. It should open easily, assuming your network is configured properly.
I would check that first. Now this is how it works on a regular network with IP address and such. I would think that it should work just as easily on non-network. Sorry I couldn'f offer more help
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Our network is configured right. After tlaking to 2 different support people at SAGE, one told me to put in the IP of the server in the PAD file and copy that to the other users. It worked like a charm.