who's got Homeworld ?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

who's got Homeworld ?

Post by roid »

i need someone who has the game Homeworld currently installed to tell me what their savedgames folder is called (ie: Homeworld/savedgameswoohoo/ or somesuch).
please :)
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

I have Homeworld 2 installed currently. When I get home I will check to see the saved games directory. You might want to check under My Documents.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Don't know if this helps Roid as it is HW2:

E:\\ProgramFiles\\Sierra\\Homeworld2\\Bin\\Profiles\\Profile1\\Campaign\\ASCENSION
Negatratoron
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Negatratoron »

My single player saved games folder for original Homeworld is ...\\Homeworld\\SavedGames\\SinglePlayer.

Skirmishes are saved in ...\\Homeworld\\SavedGames\\MultiPlayer.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i loved that game
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

thx guys, fixed now.

yeah it is a pretty cool game hey. Aesthetic++

this thread should now be about either Ion Drives, or the coolness of Homeworld, cute cuddly sloths, or \"other\".
Negatratoron
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Negatratoron »

It was shocking how powerful strike craft were in Homeworld 2. Like in the 3rd level of Homeworld, you had to destroy those assault frigates with nothing but strike craft? Yeah, right. That took forever. Then, in the 3rd level of Homeworld 2, I destroyed most of the Vagyr carriers with 5 pular corvettes each.

After I upgraded this computer, the graphics in Homeworld 2 were amazing! I got to turn all of the detail up as far as it would go, and the fps was still higher than ever before.

I was once writing a story about what would happen if the Beast from Homeworld: Cataclysm ended up in the Star Trek universe. At one point, the Hiigaran Navy hyperspaced over here to destroy the Beast. Just by chance, they ended up right next to Voyager. :D I'll need to see if I can find the story, finish it, and post it somewhere for revision.
Samuel Dravis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Samuel Dravis »

I have all three Homeworld games. Some of the best looking and most interesting strategy games I've ever played... and HW2 is beautiful. Try a couple mods like the Point Defense one, and it's even better.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Negatratoron wrote:It was shocking how powerful strike craft were in Homeworld 2. Like in the 3rd level of Homeworld, you had to destroy those assault frigates with nothing but strike craft? Yeah, right. That took forever.
Salvage corvettes ;)
i'm going through the game capturing everything i can.
Negatratoron
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Negatratoron »

roid wrote:
Negatratoron wrote:It was shocking how powerful strike craft were in Homeworld 2. Like in the 3rd level of Homeworld, you had to destroy those assault frigates with nothing but strike craft? Yeah, right. That took forever.
Salvage corvettes ;)
i'm going through the game capturing everything i can.
Salvage corvettes get destroyed. You either need to build an armada of salvage corvettes, or built a few interceptors and wait 2-3 hours. :) (Yes, that's stretching the truth a bit)

I should play Homeworld again. I don't remember a whole lot. I just remember the most painful and/or important parts, such as the pain of losing cryo tray after cryo tray, trying desparately to destroy the assault frigates (after losing a bunch of salvage corvettes), then watching my father save all six...

I got a friend hooked on Cataclysm by saying "Strike craft with ion cannons" somewhere in the middle of a sentence. :D
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i think if you send other ships in first to distract the assault frigates, then the salvage corvettes can do their thing. they still get damaged somewhat so you assign one or more repair corvettes to shadow them the entire time.

once you start running off with an assault friggate the other friggate/s can go apesh*t and chase after it! :D so you gotta have the repair crew following them with their green-heal-o-beams.

(i can't remember, but i may have had 4 salvage corvettes, so capturing 2 ships @ once... they are pretty cheap so it's a fun strategy)
Samuel Dravis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Samuel Dravis »

Negatratoron wrote:I should play Homeworld again. I don't remember a whole lot. I just remember the most painful and/or important parts, such as the pain of losing cryo tray after cryo tray, trying desparately to destroy the assault frigates (after losing a bunch of salvage corvettes), then watching my father save all six...
Hehe. The bombers are much better at killing the frigates, just a few squadrons will do the trick handily.
I got a friend hooked on Cataclysm by saying "Strike craft with ion cannons" somewhere in the middle of a sentence. :D
I actually modded Hw1 so that I had a corvette with ion cannons. Not overpowered ones, mind, but it looked awesome.
Negatratoron
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Negatratoron »

How did you mod Homeworld 1, may I ask? I'm waiting for the plugins for Maya 7 to come out, at which point I'll start workin' on Homeworld 2. Actually, I will need to learn how to make a mod, and when I'm finished with that, I will decide whether or not to make a mod.

Yep, frigates are nearly useless in Homeworld 2. Once somebody finishes a battlecruiser, it's time to pull the plug on the frigate production. :)