Virtual Keyboard!! :D

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Virtual Keyboard!! :D

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard

My only concern is that it wouldn't be that great for gaming and how accurate is it? I kind of like to feel the keys. Looks interesting and I might check it out, but I'll wait for more reviews from customers first. :)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

I got one for my Mom's Palm Lifedrive. She's currently in Europe on a 12 week vacation.

So far, it has worked flawlessly.

I spent a few hours with it when I was setting the thing up: it is weird to use, and touch typers are at a disadvantage, while people like me, who (mostly) look at the keyboard while typing are the winners.

They reckon good typists can exceed 70 wpm with one, but the best thign about it is that you get a full size keyboard in a form factor which is half the size of a packet of cigarettes.

It really only suits PDAs in my view.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

COST: $224.99US
o_O price is a bit excessive no?
considering how simple the tech is.

edit: ahh, that review is over 2 years old, it's actually $179.99US atm. Still a bit pricy
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yeah.. i think Mobi post this a while back with nearly the same responce he just gave. :lol: :wink:

Still though.. very cool!

ever see one of these??
Vertigo Zer0
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Vertigo Zer0 »

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I'd want to know how well it would work for gaming too..
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

My first impression is it would barely work for gaming at all. My second impression is it might work well enough for solitare or minesweeper, but would be completely useless for any 'modern' game.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Looks like a few people on the Personal Layout page have managed to get it to work pretty well with \"modern\" games. Personally, I could definitely see the benefit; you can put the keys for important functions right where your fingers would naturally rest, instead of having to contort your hand to conform with a standard keyboard layout.