New Halo 3 Trailer

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

New Halo 3 Trailer

Post by Duper »

WOW

This is a Cg rendering extrapolated from Halo 3 stuff. (models and such).

Enjoy! :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO FRAKIN COOL!!!
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

It wouldn't work for me.
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

I liked the first one better.
HighOctane_Jared
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HighOctane_Jared »

I actually hear a frustrated loud sound come from my mouth when I didn't get to see Master Chief in real action after he jumped down.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

HighOctane_Jared wrote:I actually hear a frustrated loud sound come from my mouth when I didn't get to see Master Chief in real action after he jumped down.
yeah me too. Really. I was like WHAT??! NO!! *crap*

heh.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

For those of you who would like to see it in HD, get it here. ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

(you also have to be reg'd with the site.) :\\ I hate that.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Hummm, that's strange. :?

I'm not reg'd with the site.

Teamxbox
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The HD version was much better! If the game looked that good, I'd almost buy a 360 just to play it... almost.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BigSlideHimself »

If you've read the books you know the kids are John and Kelly and the part where Master Chief is decapitated and puts his head back on is because he's part Flood - regeneration.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

BigSlideHimself wrote:If you've read the books you know the kids are John and Kelly and the part where Master Chief is decapitated and puts his head back on is because he's part Flood - regeneration.
? :? Dude, that's a helmet he puts on (which is even obvious in the low-res version). If reading the books makes you think a trailer includes something as gruesome and potentially confusing as a decapitated head returning, I wouldn't want to read those books. :roll:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

The book are actually a pretty good read from what I understand. (I haven't taken the time.)

I figured that that was the MC as a kid before he was recruited and \"upgraded\". I figured that the girl was either a sister or a close playmate.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BigSlideHimself »

Agreed, a decapitation would be way too much for a public commercial, which is why I'm glad they left some to the imagination. it's more of an inside thing for those of us who have read the books.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I never liked Halo. It just didn't feel right. =P And the weapons looked boring and were imbalanced. =P I hope Core Decision is good and swallows up all of Microsoft's hype-fueled marketing. =P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Neo wrote:I never liked Halo. It just didn't feel right. =P And the weapons looked boring and were imbalanced. =P I hope Core Decision is good and swallows up all of Microsoft's hype-fueled marketing. =P
LOL, that's way I feel about BF42. :mrgreen:

Personally, the one thing I enjoy about Halo is the crazy, over the top physics. I'm a mildly competitive person. I don't necessarily ALWAY play to WIN. I mostly play to have fun. And for me, Halo is fun. I understand where you're coming from Neo, I've talked to many that share the same opinion.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Neo wrote:I never liked Halo. It just didn't feel right. =P And the weapons looked boring and were imbalanced. =P I hope Core Decision is good and swallows up all of Microsoft's hype-fueled marketing. =P
Frankly, I love Halo (1, for PC). But then again, I really only play with rockets anymore! No boring, imbalanced weapons there!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ok.. I need to ask this..

What is a \"good\" weapon balance and why? I've heard a lot of this over the years and it doesn't seem like it's very um.. uniformed? in ideology.
Really.

Since Quake 1 BIG weapons has been what it's all about. Find the biggest gun and kill the nearest dude.

the thing about descent (all versions) you can limit what is going to be in the level although it doesn't seem that many take the time to modify this before they host a game or put it on a server. I've heard a lot of whining about boating levels and this and that. .. well geez guys. Mod the items that are to be used.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Weapon balance is when regardless of what weapon is in play, the better pilot wins the fight. So for instance a superior pilot with quad supers should be able to beat a weaker pilot using MD. Of course in D3 you should already know that is not the case outside of a few specific situations. D3 heavily favors MD/Fusion so it isn't very well balanced in the end. The ultimate goal is to make all the weapons different in use, but equal in power. The better a games weapon balance, generally the more challenging and fun it is.