I hate HP.

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

I hate HP.

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I just have to rant. WHY IS IT THAT EVERY HP ALL-IN-ONE in town that I have worked on always returns with some nasty software conflict!

I seriously hate HP and their extremely bloated software. I takes half of my day it seems uninstalling it and re-installing it and it only works half the time.

I remember when I got my HP and it took forever to load the software and update it. For the love of all that is sane, NEVER EVER BUY AN HP product.

I will say, I love their hardware but it doesn't ammount to squat when their software is such utter crap.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

You shouldn't have to install their software. You can get the straight drivers from their website, and the .inf files are somewhere on the install CD.

All-in-ones are crap anyway, unless we're talking something like a $7,000 multifunction Xerox.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I own an HP dv9000 Laptop and counldn't be more pleased. I also Have an HP 1315 All in one Printer and it's awesome.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I've never had a problem with ANY HP product.

Laser printer
All in One
Laptops
Desktops
Handheld PCs
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Hate HP too -- installed the SW for a 8xxx printer, 400MB. Decided to take it down, left 50MB on my system. Took me three weeks w/ HP support to explain to them that I want the SW gone from my system until they finally send an uninstall procedure (digging in the registry no less..)
ImageImage
Wareagle
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wareagle »

I have a all in one printer and I love it.
Only problem I have is wife uses to much ink in printing pictures out. Yes it does a good job on pictures, but the DAM* INK is expense. That's my only gripe. Software runs perfect.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

W.E. HP has come up with a new cartridge config. There are separate cartridges now for the various colors rather than having 3 primaries bundled together. they run for about 10 bux a pop with is a whole lot easier to swallow than 45. 0_o ..as we all know that various colors are used more than others.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Yeah, one thing maybe a lot of users don't know is if you have a colour printer, and you want to print black only, then in the printer setup, select black only. otherwise you are printing in fully colour hence using more ink and your black won't be black black.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i have no problems with HP either.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

CDN_Merlin wrote:Yeah, one thing maybe a lot of users don't know is if you have a colour printer, and you want to print black only, then in the printer setup, select black only. otherwise you are printing in fully colour hence using more ink and your black won't be black black.
..I didn't know this!
/me scampers off to reconfig my printer! ...oh wait.. i can't I don't have any INK!~ >:(
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Duper, I forgot to mention this only works if you have a separate black ink cartridge.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I got tired of the bulky software with my old HP All-In-One (the interface was clumsy, and it caused some weird registry issues).

I'm much happier with the Brother All-In-One I got last year (I don't have the model number handy, but it was under $70US). The drivers are minimal, easy installation, it even came with some good third-party software, and it prints better than the HP!
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I don't have any problems with the HP stuff I have or with the HP stuff I work with at my job (over 300 different printers, and well of 2000 computers)... so long as it isn't the \"low priced consumer grade\" stuff.

Even then, usually no problems as long as you think about what you're doing before you do it. ... and the fact that I rarely use the software that comes on the CDs provided with the hardware.