SEND A RAPE VICTIM TO JAIL!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

SEND A RAPE VICTIM TO JAIL!

Post by Dakatsu »

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... ape31.html

HOLY ★■◆● THIS SYSTEM SUCKS! THEY SENT A RAPE VICTIM TO JAIL? MY ★■◆●ing STATE IS ★■◆●ing INSANE!!!

Comments?
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

You're right!

She should have been executed! That way, there's no worry or trauma, for anyone!
And break the legs of friends and relatives so that they don't complain to other people about it.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Damn, that's just cold.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

That seems like something the justice system would do, typical.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Being raped doesnt clear your debt to society, nor the justice system for that matter.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

True, but the issue here is that the immediate situation (finding her attacker) took a back seat to an issue (her warrant) which could have been handled later. I seriously hope that her attacker doesn't get away because of this.
[RIP]Deicide
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by [RIP]Deicide »

ccb056 wrote:Being raped doesnt clear your debt to society, nor the justice system for that matter.
I'm with you. She committed her crime before she became a victim.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

I'm on both sides.

Under no circumstances should they have stopped a rape investigation in order to deal with something as relatively minor as non payment. The officers who made that decision should be punished, severely.

BUT, I also believe that as soon as they had dealt with pursuing the rapist, the woman should have been held accountable for her previous crime. Someone is out a lot of cash because this woman stole from them. The fact that she is now a victim of crime herself does not negate that in any way.

BUT, her arrest certainly could have been, and SHOULD have been, delayed. Justice was not served here.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Her ass should of payed the money, but I think RAPE kinda puts that behind. I know it doesnt put that situation behind, but I think the RAPE is a little more important!
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

what if she was wanted for murder? would that have been sufficient to throw the cuffs on her?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Doesn't matter whether it was theft or murder, the point is:

Yes, there was sufficient reason to hold her.

No, there was not sufficient reason to stop their rape investigation (especially since such investigations are often time-critical).

[Edit]Another way to say it:
While it's true that \"being raped doesn't clear your debt to society\", it's also true that \"having a debt to society doesn't clear society of it's obligations to pursue one's rapist\".[/Edit]
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

At the very least they can place her under house arrest until the rape investigation is resolved in some manner.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re: SEND A RAPE VICTIM TO JAIL!

Post by Diedel »

They had gotten hold of the women anyway, so where's the need to arrest her? Imo this is just a symptom of the somewhat barbarian character of U.S. of American culture. Just like putting little children into handcuffs because they didn't behave at school, or putting a little boy into prison because some neighbours said he molested his little sister when actually he was trying to help her to pee. Everytime I read something like that, I think that the American society is sick. Not that I would say Germany is perfect, but there is still a difference between an influenza and cancer.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: SEND A RAPE VICTIM TO JAIL!

Post by Flabby Chick »

Diedel wrote: Not that I would say Germany is perfect, but there is still a difference between an influenza and cancer.
Depends on how much salt you put on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I think I could post ten links to American perverts having committed horrible crimes here if I wanted, as well as links about ten German perverts having done similar things.

This thread is however not about (a comparably small number of) criminal perverts which you find in every country in the world, but about the entire society.

The suggestion you are making with your link therefore is misleading, out of place and just a smoke screen to avoid having to face the real issue. Of all negative character traits it probably is that kind of dishonesty I hate most.

You had rather find some link about similar, ragular occurrences of gross abuse of power by German authorities (and please don't start with Nazi Germany, you don't want to compare the U.S. of A. to that, do you?)
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Flabby Chick »

Diedel wrote:.....but about the entire society.
Lol...
Diedel wrote:The suggestion you are making with your link therefore is misleading, out of place and just a smoke screen to avoid having to face the real issue.
... if nothing, you are entertaining.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Trying to ridicule the opponent if someone doesn't really have anything to say is a common strategy - particularly for kids and teenagers. I had expected some more intelligent approach by a university student, but on the other hand do you seem pretty typical for today's average (American?) uni student. I think it will make sense to talk to you again once your intellectual maturity has passed the teenage state. :)