The Elderly and their Drivers License

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by DCrazy »

CDN_Merlin wrote:For people living in rural areas, what can I say. Get a job in town and rent a room. There's no excuse. If the law was changed, people would adapt.
It's funny that you mention this in a thread dealing with freedom of mobility. Nothing like legislating where people can live if they want to have the opportunity to improve their lives. People who attend community college are typically the sort who can't afford to just leave where they are.
TIGERASSAULT wrote:My brother cycles 6 miles in to college and 6 miles back again. Yet he's 22, and fully able to get a drivers license and car if he wanted to.
Six miles is nothing, dude. I walk that on a regular basis. Try living thirty miles from the nearest community college, like my family does.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

DCrazy wrote:Six miles is nothing, dude. I walk that on a regular basis. Try living thirty miles from the nearest community college, like my family does.
Taking into account the average human walking speed of 3 mph.. this means you must donate four hours to walking.

you must have a lot of time on your hands.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by DCrazy »

Ferno wrote:Taking into account the average human walking speed of 3 mph.. this means you must donate four hours to walking.

you must have a lot of time on your hands.
Huh? 6/3 = 2...
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

DCrazy wrote:Huh? 6/3 = 2...
...and back again? You did remember that that's 12 miles in total?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

six miles there, six miles back. two hours there, and two hours back.

total of four hours per day.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Ah, I see. I've actually got a longer stride, so it would be more like 3 hours for me. But you're right, I was only factoring in one way travel.

/threadjack off?