Got robbed on ebay...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

HighOctane_Jared
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Got robbed on ebay...

Post by HighOctane_Jared »

hey peeps,

I bought a Logitech speaker set on eBay, and the left Satellite was broke. Basically the company has been really unhelpful, won't return calls or anything. They did send me a replacment sub after I told them that that wasn't the problem. So I have two subs and a broken hard wired remote.

AND..... Logitech won't sell replacement parts. So I have a dead weight :(
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Immortal Lobster »

Ive never had a bad experience with Logitech, what speaker set was it?

and deal with them over the phone, not via email, american employees actually answer the phone, and actually get the problem solved, I think based on my las emial convo, that that is outsourced to India or China.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

who did you deal with?

if it was an ebay store, you can file a grievance with both ebay and the BBB
HighOctane_Jared
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HighOctane_Jared »

yeah I called Logitech, the person that answered just said, \"We do not offer replacement parts, and your product is not under warranty.\"
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Like Ferno said, try through eBay and the eBay seller. As an occasional eBay-er (bought and sold a few things), I can confirm that they're pretty good about helping to resolve issues.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

You bought from a seller on Ebay, NOT from Logitech and I doubt they are an authorized re-seller.
Thats why there is no warranty from Logitech. Lots of Companies have this policy. Hit up the seller for the return. This is just one of the reasons I don't shop on Ebay. An example of policy regarding Warranty and online sellers is mentioned by Denon;

http://www.usa.denon.com/OnlineETailers.asp

Notice Dakmart which is authorized to sell refurbished products only. Many products are listed as \"New\" on his site... because by Law you can call a refurbished product New if 70% of the original parts remain. He doesn't mention he is Authorized for Refurbished product, just that he is a Denon authorized e-tailer. Do some research and buyer beware.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I only use ebay for stupid, low costing stuff now. Anything more, I buy new from the store. I got robbed once too, never gonna happen again.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

only time I use ebay is when I need stuff I can't find anywhere else.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BigSlideHimself »

Well, I use eBay very regularly - it's how I make my living - and if you're ever unhappy with a purchase, and the seller is useless, file a PayPal claim - assuming you paid with PayPal. PayPal is very pro-buyer. When you file a claim, PayPal immediately freezes the amount of money you paid in the seller's account - whether you're in the right or not. This gets the seller's attention real fast. I've actually talked to PayPal on the phone, and when you file a \"substantially not as described\" claim, the best thing to do, is file the claim, then immediately send the package back to the seller - with tracking. PayPal will always give you a refund. Or, you can just wait it out to see what PayPal decides, which in this case will probably be in your favor anyway.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Immortal Lobster »

unless of course its sold \"as-is\" or \"not tested\" then your hosed.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I just don't buy electronics from eBay. Anything else I've never had a problem.

BigSlide is right, I will only use Paypal because they can freeze the transaction.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Always try to use a credit card. The few problems I had were resolved by having CC company delete the charge.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

To expand on Wood's idea, open a seperate checking account and get your CC debit card thing and only use that account for online purchases. Only transfer money to that account right before you buy something.

I have 4 accounts: Savings account, personal checking account (MAC card for my wallet), a checking account for online bill pay, and a checking account for online purchases.

Helps you organize too...