I feel sorry for you Americans.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

tunnelcat wrote:
Gooberman wrote:NH must be a bunch of racists. :oops:
I'm guessing what really happened was that all the male pundits on TV and also John Edwards blasted Hillary for crying, saying it was scripted or worse, a sign of weakness and the women voters got mad and switched votes from Obama and Edwards to Hillary out of spite. Hee hee.

Plus NH women tend to be older and more conservative. :P
i was asking myself the same thing when i saw that on the international news (Australia here). In my mind i was wondering if i'd see a headline read "Waterworks on-tap wins party nomination".
Interesting times indeed! This is definitely cool if the "rar rar rar i'm a strong man" political position is weakened - as that has always caused "who's the toughest muddafudda" political games, which ends up creating unrealistic and problematic policies imho.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Red_5 »

roid wrote:
Red_5 wrote:I'm worried about the Iraq situation. I'm sure people have heard that we can't fund the war, but we are looking into spending ~$700m on a bikers' trail in Montana or some state like that :?

I hope our new president can take charge and straighten us out!
IIRC all the top tier candidates want to stay in Iraq, including Obama. No-one's entirely sure how they plan on paying for it :lol:.

The only one i've heard of who wants to leave Iraq is internet and military-personnel favourite Ron Paul :).
Get our troops the heck out of there, keeps tabs on what goes on, and send the Air Force to take care of it if needs be.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Re:

Post by JMEaT »

Red_5 wrote:
roid wrote:
Red_5 wrote:I'm worried about the Iraq situation. I'm sure people have heard that we can't fund the war, but we are looking into spending ~$700m on a bikers' trail in Montana or some state like that :?

I hope our new president can take charge and straighten us out!
IIRC all the top tier candidates want to stay in Iraq, including Obama. No-one's entirely sure how they plan on paying for it :lol:.

The only one i've heard of who wants to leave Iraq is internet and military-personnel favourite Ron Paul :).
Get our troops the heck out of there, keeps tabs on what goes on, and send the Air Force to take care of it if needs be.
The airforce can help turn that region into a glass factory. Problem solved? :wink:
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

Evacuate the innocents, and bomb the whole place, if worst comes to worst.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

you mean set up some kindof court system to judge who is innocent and who isn't? nothing's so simple
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Red_5 »

roid wrote:you mean set up some kindof court system to judge who is innocent and who isn't? nothing's so simple
Civilians, i.e. lowly mothers and their children. Locking all the Iraqis in a quarantine camp would be most horrible, so a court system might be the better option. If we're not careful, it could launch us into a sudden World War 3.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

the time it takes you to do all of this will be used by your enemy to prepare for (or even counter) your incomming bombing runs.
while civilians are moving out of collateral damage risk areas and taking years to get through your court system; enemy soldiers are ALSO moving out of these areas, regrouping, creating/moving to new hidden vantage points and aquiring anti-air defence measures.

if the civilians know what's comming - so will the soldiers no?

I don't think one can say \"oh well we'll just do this and they won't know what hit them\" as if the other side is expected to be stupid and unprepared by default.
This kindof victory-assured arrogance is what got America stuck in this quagmire in the first place no?

(edit: oops, i seem to have finished editing this post after you already posted)
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I know. There are a lot of flaws in that plan. That's why I'm not running for president :) and hoping that our new president can do what's right. I hate wars.