Why I hate Vista

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Do you like Vista?

Yes
16%
No
41%
I use another OS
43%

Total votes: 44
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by d3jake »

d3jake wrote:Foil, I think its a situation where some people have experienced no problems, and some have experienced every problem. Luck of the draw I suppose...
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

I think its funney that vista is going through the same rejection XP went through when it 1st came out.

Thoes who rember a lot of stuff didn't have XP drivers at 1st and the 2k drivers didn't work on XP.

I'm just afrade of server 2008 causse if vista runs slow on a pc with 2gb of ram what about the server that there u don't need slowdown to happen
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I voted no because I still can't print, my screen saver doesn't work, and the indexing service eats memory addresses like a mofo, along with various other minor bugs. I've been using Vista on one of the computers here for a long time. Windows 2000 was the bomb as far as I know. Actually Windows 2000 Professional was designed to replace both Windows 98 and NT 4.0 Workstation, because 2000 = 98 + NT. =P Windows XP was a joke until M$ fixed the security vulnerabilities. I'll stick with Windows XP with SP2 and then SP3 until Windows 7 comes out. We'll have to use Intel's TXT instead of TC. =P heh I might put Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 on my next gaming rig. ^_~

You guys are going to have to start transferring to another game or other games soon. Descent is no more... so by the time Windows 7 comes out you won't be so heartbroken.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

But, Warlock, realize that while XP was a radical change to the base OS, you didn't have problems with the CORE of the operating system. Bad drivers was about the only thing that XP was screwing up. The other bugginess was just general growing pains.

When a mature company release an OS and copying a file is causing problems, there is something seriously, seriously wrong. No company in business for 20 years should put out a product as bad as this.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I especially love how Windows Mail isn't compatible with hotmail.com. Idiots.

That means straight off to Gmail for me.
captain_twinkie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by captain_twinkie »

Outlook express isn't compatible with Hotmail anymore either.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I still can't believe the new Windows Mail isn't compatible with their own service! What the flipping heck?
captain_twinkie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Meh, hotmail is better web based anyways, I found out that MS cut support doing hotmail for outlook express about 2 or 3 months ago.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I still like Gmail better, I switched a few months ago. Gmail is faster and smoother anyway. And it's compatible with Windows Mail! Huzah!
captain_twinkie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Ya I agree gmail is better, especially when backing up your data using the g-drive add on.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

Haaaate Microsoft all over the place nowadays. Even the Zune (snort) is inferior to the iPod. Go Apple
captain_twinkie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I have respect for Apple, but after nightmares of conflicting software on my system, I dont plan on using iTunes or a iPod anytime soon.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I absolutely love my iPod. Never will I use anything else.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

When you're making to-and-fro one-line posts a couple minutes apart, it's a good sign you really should be on IRC.
hyperhedron
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by hyperhedron »

apple are kinda nice, but dont let them design programs for windows. i find using my iPod with third party software just fine.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Foil wrote:Funny, I still haven't experienced a single one of the problems people are claiming to have with Vista.
Did you load it on your computor? :wink: