About saying "Hi!", copyrights and easter

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Eagle
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

About saying "Hi!", copyrights and easter

Post by Eagle »

Hello there everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted something. Hope you guys are all allright and stuff. As I can see however.. things haven't changed, Descent is still alive and rockin.. as usual ;)

Just wanted to let you know that I'm alive and rocking too, just stuck in work and stuff... well real life sucks without a Pyro.. oh by the way, when talking about the pyro GX :) .. I know that the guys at Planetdescent must be ignoring me.. but I DID THAT PYRO GX so just please please please put my name there too ;) I know that Wolf on Air is cool and yes he did help me port it, but I did create that (absolutelly awesome and buttkicking) Pyro in 3dsmax :) ... and everyone else who is using it in their artwork: you're welcomed to use it.. just quote me somewhere :P doh!!

ok nuff said..

Happy easter hollidays guys!
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That Pyro is truely artwork in it's own right. :) More artwork!
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Good to see you again Eagle.:)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

TRUDAT! Your GX is teh shiznit bro!

Now - how the hell can we get you to do the Tank and the Phoenix?
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Haven't we been down this road before?

You did that PyroGX render for ODS. It became the intellectual property of ODS. Valin released it for use on PD. I added it to the montage.

You're welcome to email BlueFlames to get a "Pyro-GX by Eagle" notice added somewhere, but I haven't seen him around lately.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

hey eagle.

was that specified in the contract DCrazy?
Eagle
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Eagle »

Hey guys..

Contract eh? :) Never seen or signed any contract.. it's not that I care much. You can do whatever you want with the pyro, it would just be nice to let people know that it wasn't created by "someguy" but just "taken over" by "someguy" whatever.. I'm allright with it if you mess around. All I'm saying, it's sad when you search on google, and you find lots of renders really really cool renders (like http://www.descent.it/legacy_d2.htm ) and you can't find even a "This render was done by me, the supergreat "someguy" and I did it all by myself.. oh yeah.. and btw. the gx is from eagle" .. :) but well guess that's just me.. ;)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

DCrazy...

OK, Eagle had created that Pyro GX well before anything to do with ODS..or MSDS for that matter

Also Eagle's model was incorporated into a Level by MSDS and used for reference and box shots by MSDS. He gave verbal authorization to MSDS to use it and they refrenced it as Eagle's PYRO-GX. As the AUTHOR requested and by common © law of intelectual property.

So I will put this in a way you will understand without any doubt.

Eagle is 100% correct so DCrazy STFU

PS Eagle I already have confronted this guy in refrence to his claimsPD Forums
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

Hey can I make a 2D sprite version of your awesome Pyro for D4 Titans of the Universe? It's small little 2D game I'm making lol.

Good to see ou though. :D
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Actually, the pyro that was included in the MSDS level was different from the one used in the render. I remember a big long thread on the ODS forums (or was it here?) suggesting that the nose be made smaller.

I see no reason why "Pyro-GX by Eagle" or something similar shouldn't appear at the bottom of the PD homepage. But like I said, good luck trying to get ahold of the one person who can perform that task, BlueFlames...
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

DCrazy wrote:But like I said, good luck trying to get ahold of the one person who can perform that task, BlueFlames...

Yeah it seems like everyone over at PD has been trying unsucessfully to contact him for awhile now.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I don't know if it helps, but BlueFlames is back now. He's actually stepping down from the admin position, since he's had a lot of RealLife crap to deal with recently. For right now, though, you should be able to get in contact with him.