Forumers who play Descent

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by SirWinner »

Descent 3 is still installed... but I have to admit that it hasn't been played in a while.

Descent 3 Entropy was very fun with a good set of teams on both sides. One of the funniest things to see was the fairy dusters that tried to hit the skilled pilots only to see their Energy Recharge Center taken away first... then they couldn't use the fairy dust very long.

Forgive me I forgot the Primary Weapons' name.

My favorite 4 \"Descent 3\" game types in order of preference:

- Entropy

- Capture the Flag

- Single Player Mission is Cooperative Mode (Just not D3 Level 4 with those darn subway trains!)

- Team versus Team anarchy

Wheeeeeee!

:oops:
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

SirWinner wrote:- Single Player Mission is Cooperative Mode (Just not D3 Level 4 with those darn subway trains!)
Thats the best part of coop! :o
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

not to mention the level 5 bug and the crash on the Expediator .. or whatevertheheck that ship is called. Some really buggy code on that level.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Sirius wrote:(I'd pick physics, really)
Nowadays videogame developers don't make their own physics engine, they buy a pre-made one.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Naturally, but there are several vendors, and it's improving all the time.
Afunakwa
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Afunakwa »

I've been playing since 1994, since the original shareware version came out. I was around 5 years old then. My uncle was the one that got me started, and I've been playing ever since. I mostly play Descent 1 and 2, but I think I have a preference for 1. Descent 3 is alright, but it's too weird, I think.

I'm 19 years old now, and none of my peers really know about Descent. I met one guy in my college who had heard about it, but it was all really distant to him, so I've been trying to get some of my friends to start playing. Funny enough, in all these years I've been playing this game, I've never had a single multiplayer match. I always end up playing the single player over and over again in varying difficulties, and downloading newer single player missions and stuff.