It sucks being me !

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Viper1d
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

It sucks being me !

Post by Viper1d »

It looks like their is only one d3 server being played (via Vortex) and I can't play because my internet connection speed is too low. My ping is around 25. The server is Descent Retirement Home II - Subway Dancer. There is another server playing Stadium that has the BOZ bots, but I was looking to play some real people. Am I out of luck? Is there a setting I can change? Is there only one D3 server being played these days?

Thanks!
Viper1
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If your ping is 25, your internet connection should be more than fast enough. Turn the connection speed setting up to its maximum. If you are using a Mac version of D3 which doesn't expose the setting you can still have the connection speed turned up (someone around here should be able to point you to the thread that shows how).
Viper1d
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Viper1d »

Krom,
thanks for the quick reply. I guess I understood the message to mean that my connection to the game was 'too good'. In the settings, I have Cable Modem selected. I will try the T1 setting.

The message is \"Viper1 is being kicked for low internet connection speed\". My ping in the game is 25-30.

Thanks again !
Viper1
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Viper1d wrote:The message is "Viper1 is being kicked for low internet connection speed". My ping in the game is 25-30.
Yep -- the game is set to kick people who are set to less-than-T1 settings. Having your connect speed set lower (especially down at, say, 56k) makes you appear to skip around a lot.
Viper1d
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Viper1d »

I set it to the T1 setting and I haven't had any problem playing the level. Thanks all!
Viper1