direct 3d issues...

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Indica
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

direct 3d issues...

Post by Indica »

Fist off thanks to you guys for keeping this game alive for all these years- with this forums help i was able to get a modern high end computer to run good old descent 3 under windows 7! now you guys have another noob to destroy in the mines!

Im having one small issue when running in direct 3d mode. i get a micro-stuttering. It does not happen in opengl mode. I was hoping to run in D3d because i don't get the crashing issues when leaving a game or a server reset in D3d- open gl has allot more crashes for me. I also wanted to play around with my 3d vision glasses and descent 3.

any ideas? Im guessing i might try to force the game to render in SLI mode in control panel. i have a Geforce gtx295-with newest drivers, I7920, 6GB ram.
Here is my command lines options:
United States -launched -width 1920 -height 1080 -aspect 1.78 -nomusic -framecap 999 -z32bit -vsync -nointro -pilot Indica -bumped -nosparkles -nomotionblur

This game is sick on my 65\"dlp HD tv!!
Is there anyway to improve the visual quality on d3? with commandline options?♦ I played with the Nvidia control panel a bit to enable AA and AS butt im not sure its working in opengl.

thanks again!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

AFAIK there should be GLOBAL settings if you use the nvidia System Tools app.
Indica
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Indica »

yes there are global settings- im just not sure how to configure it to improve the visual quality. ill have to do some experimenting. I wish direct 3d worked- its so much more stable on my pc. thanks!