Pet Wars!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Which is the better pet?

Cat
45%
Dog
35%
I Don't Have Any Pets
9%
other
11%

Total votes: 75
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

as a gamer, there should care to be had with parrots ;)
Nightmare USA
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nightmare USA »

LOL Floyd! That was funny :D

and Hi Roid!
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

That story doesn't surprise me in the least, 'cept the added drama at the end. One of my birds(emily-the grey) sits right next to my desk at the office, she makes every d3 sound. She has a little trouble with the MD and it's taken her 4 years to get it, but, she can do it and you can tell what it is. I had to switch to headphones about 3-4 years ago because she would not only mock the d3 sounds, but, she would use the exact volume I had the game playing at. If i'd turn it up to drown her out, she'd get louder to match the volume of the game. She also knows which weapons go with which maps. You'll never hear her make a smart sound while I'm playing Cannery, you'll never hear her make an emd sound in Indika, etc.
As funny as it sounds it really becomes annoying. She'll make a homer sound in the middle of a dogfight and I have to look at my screen to make sure there's no warning. I've died many times because of this stupid bird.
She eff'ing rocks, though.

If i had a place to upload some pics I'd post em.

B-
Nightmare USA
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nightmare USA »

thats funny Pimp! I had a Rotte that would lay next to me and just fart all friggen night. I miss her, but I don't miss the stink, heheh
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Vader wrote:DIE ROID!!!

DONT HURT THE KITTIES!!!!

Cats rox.

uhhh that was stress, vader...they have the same avatar, look at the name next time
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Why do you include "cats" in the list? Patently, cats are NOT pets. Cats are docile, but not domesticated. You don't ever *own* a cat - it just chooses to hang at your place because you feed it and pat it.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

haha floyd that was great
Ympakt
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ympakt »

Smart pets? Don't get me wrong, I like cats (have 2 of 'em), but how smart can they be? What other animal has so little going on in it's brain that is can sit by a mouse hole in the ground (or in your house) for hours waiting for something to happen? A dog would go nuts after a while, and the rat has already left (they're smarter than cats!) :P
Rotten Tomato
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Rotten Tomato »

<Annoyingbabyvoice> I Wuv my Caribou! </Annoyingbabyvoice>
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Mobius wrote:Why do you include "cats" in the list? Patently, cats are NOT pets. Cats are docile, but not domesticated. You don't ever *own* a cat - it just chooses to hang at your place because you feed it and pat it.

uhhh....no.....i adopted my two at birth from The Human society. they are domesticated and they are docile, ( unless they see squirrels and birds :mrgreen: ) Cats ARE pets. they love to stay at my parents house, becuase mom pampers them with huge sheep wool bedding and a unlimited amount of food supply and water. they did not just "Find" my parents place as i said i adopted them and took them home.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

What he means is cats in general have no loyalty. If the neighbor next block over had better tasting food, and fed the cat all the time, you'd not see your cat again. It would simply shift it's territory.

Dogs are pack animals, so they are subservient to the Alpha male/female, which is us. They're hardwired to stay with the pack (your family). Cat's don't have this limitation, so they stay only because they like it there.
Rotten Tomato
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

A Caribou is the one for me!!!

Post by Rotten Tomato »

<Annoyingbabyvoice> I Wuv my Caribou! </Annoyingbabyvoice> :P Caribous are nice.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Testi, although I know what you're saying I wouldn't term it as a negative as *no loyalty*. They're simply smarter than stay around somewhere if they're getting treated like crap. Dogs will take an awful lot of abuse. Cats are like *fack this...*. To me that indicates a higher intelligence not a lesser loyalty.

I've had both dogs and cats during my life and have loved them all. Dogs are great for kids, especially big dogs if you have the space for them to run. Cats, imo, are more adult pets. Very low maintenance and much cleaner. I'd sleep with a cat (in fact I do) but I'd never let a dog get in bed (unless I was drunk and she paid for dinner). :oops:
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Oh, I wasn't putting it in a negative light. Just clarifying the fact to Ace.
Rotten Tomato
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Rotten Tomato »

*Cough Cough*<Annoyingbabyvoice> I Wuv my Caribou! </Annoyingbabyvoice> Look, I am not being listened to :P caribous are the nicest type of deer.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I've never heard of a 'dear'
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Either that or shred your face while you sleep. ;)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

bash wrote:Testi, although I know what you're saying I wouldn't term it as a negative as *no loyalty*. They're simply smarter than stay around somewhere if they're getting treated like crap. Dogs will take an awful lot of abuse. Cats are like *fack this...*. To me that indicates a higher intelligence not a lesser loyalty.
Actually, that shows that dogs are MORE loyal than cats. Keep in mind that dogs are pack animals. To them, treating them like crap is you asserting your dominance (ie: Alpha male) over them. The very fact that they'd stick around after that shows that they are VERY loyal to their "master". However, that all depends on the breed.
I've had both dogs and cats during my life and have loved them all. Dogs are great for kids, especially big dogs if you have the space for them to run. Cats, imo, are more adult pets. Very low maintenance and much cleaner. I'd sleep with a cat (in fact I do) but I'd never let a dog get in bed (unless I was drunk and she paid for dinner). :oops:
Actually, there are some breeds of dogs that are just as low maintenance. In particular, poodles are very low maintenance and don't shed hair at all past their puppy stage. The same thing goes for just about any short-hair breed.

Fusion Pimp: E-mail me the pics and I'll be happy to host them for ya. (address is in my profile, just click on the folder icon.)
Rotten Tomato
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Rotten Tomato »

Testiculse wrote:
I've never heard of a "dear"

Nonononononono, DEER, D-E-E-R, DEEEEEEERRR :P
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Xciter wrote:Has no front claws .....
and you think that with no front claws, he/she cannot use his massively more powerful hind legs to dig those claws deep into your skin.

i had a declawed cat once, and good god almighty, his hind legs were extremely built, he got into a fight with the neighbors cat, and they had to take their cat to the vet for a emergency visit :!: , huge gashes running down the side and across the back.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i had my cat beheaded, ★■◆●ing thing can't bite me anymore but it still tries to claw me. braaaaaaains.

ok gnite zzzzzz
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

LOL!! and whats the name of this particular species of feline?
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

The way I see it, there are 3 types of cats. The first type is the kind which seems like a mindless eating clawing machine. They only hang around because the food is there. The second is the type which seems like an intelligent, thinking induvidual who shows loyalty and a relatively high I.Q. They stick around because they like you. The third is somewhere in between. I own three type ones, one type two, and one type three.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Cats, hands down.

It doesn't surprise me that cats have gotten the most votes either, considering most computer geeks are introverts :P. They suit our own personalities quite nicely :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Xciter wrote:
The same thing goes for just about any short-hair breed.
You must not of had many short hair breed dogs... our Mastiff sheds twice a year and you could stuff a pillow with his hair while he sheds and our lab sheds year round... I vacuum the carpet once a week and fill the container each time.
LOL, I didn't say *ALL* short-hair breeds now did I? ;)
Rotten Tomato
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

ITS A GOODLIFE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rotten Tomato »

ohohohohhoh :oops: :o!! Cats are furry like fur and dogs are smart?? Which one?? DOGS FOR ME!!! Also, as well as dogs I also keep a pet giraffe. :mrgreen:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

i dunno.. i had a cat that came when called.