Saw iron man. Thought it was the best in the series

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Saw iron man. Thought it was the best in the series

Post by Isaac »

I saw Iron Man 3 and thought it was better than the first one, which was also a great movie.

If I had to say why, it might have been:
  • Better villains: Making Jeff Bridges a bad guy was kinda stupid. And suddenly trying to kill Tony Stark at the end of part one made no sense for his character. The whole ending for Iron Man 1 was probably the worst part of the whole move. On the other hand, Iron Man 3 has funny villains with awesome powers. In other words, these guys don't frown all the time and ★■◆● about things they hate.
  • More action: Iron Man 1 was really good, but was mostly about developing the Iron Man suit. Iron Man 3 seems to have more action and better ending battle.
  • More Pepper Pots: She plays a bigger role and is far more important in this movie than in any of the others in the series.
  • Sad Tony Stark: he has mental issues like in Iron Man 2, but they don't drag the movie, like they did in Iron Man 2. In Iron Man 3 they always find ways to fit humor into Tony's suffering.
My only complaint is the whole Iron Patriot getting passed around. Some people can use it but not others? That could have been explained better. I'm trying not to spoil anything, so if I'm not being clear on what's confusing that'd be why.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Slider_
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Saw iron man. Thought it was the best in the series

Post by Slider_ »

I really loved it. Whereas most comic book flicks spend the time to build up to the big moments summer audiences expect, Iron Man 3 takes the suits away for like 2/3 of the movie, as well as the dramatic locales and huge set pieces. It posits: what happens when Tony Stark doesn't have his toys? That's where the movie succeeded best - with Tony Stark surviving by his wits and mechanical know-how, which makes you realize what Iron Man is really about anyway: the man and not the suit. Very cool movie.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

That's the reason I'm looking forward to seeing it... it really sounds, at the very least, much better than the second one. Which I didn't like.
Unfortunately Xaihyv isn't going to see it until after we've seen the Avengers. And the only way for us to see that is to buy it, because all the video rental stores are out of business and Netflix Canada does not have it. In fact Netflix Canada doesn't have much stuff at all. And most of that isn't really worth watching.
Now I will ignore this thread forever, or at least until I've seen it. Just in case, you can never be too careful when you're avoiding spoilers! :lol:
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

That ending theme lol... :lol: It's 70's tv quality in a 2013 movie. Too awesome.

[youtube]Oi_z60-CjMw[/youtube]
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-