ZERO HOUR (Enterprise Season Finale)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Cougar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

ZERO HOUR (Enterprise Season Finale)

Post by Cougar »

Brilliant!

[spoiler]Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking. The offbeat ending was a bit much. I think a lot of it has to do with 'Future Guy' and his motivations for sending Enterprise into the Expanse in the first place. Some priceless action in this episode. Absolutely brilliant.[/spoiler]
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

I didn't like the ending, I hate it when they do that kind of thing..
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

I'll have to go with cap'm on this one. I prefer endings that are not so "offbeat" that even my cat and bearded dragon are staring at the t.v. both with expressions of "huh?"
Zoop!
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Zoop! »

Whoever's brilliant idea that was needs to be beaten with a sharp stick. There was way too much funk for my fragile mind.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I believe this sums up the ending quite nicely:

The rest of the episode rocked tho. I actually watched all 6 of the episodes leading up to this one today (for the first time too. Hooray for the dude who makes 185 Meg HDTV Rips that look better than my TV that barely recieves UPN anyway) to get myself in the mood.

[spoiler]Ok, so, obviously that time travel bit at the end HAD to be the in-case-we-dont-get-canned alternate ending, as opposed to Archer dying, earth being saved, and the series ending right there. So, wtf is going on? Theyre obviously in the early 1940s, so how the hell did they get there? And are the aquatics stuck there too (think the 100+ year old enterprise from a few episodes ago) was that vortex also one way? And how the hell did Archer get flung back in time? This isnt just a curve ball, its a friggin corkscrew. It makes almost no sense whatsoever.[/spoiler]
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Awesome episode although my reaction to the ending,

[spoiler]WTF.[/spoiler]
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Truly awesome episode. I found myself cheering at several events, [spoiler]in particular when Shran leveled the Reptilian ship and when Archer made Dolim go all suicide bomber :P[/spoiler]. As for the ending, all I have to say is wait until September. All will be revealed in due time :wink:.

P.S. [spoiler]One question I have is where the rest of the Starfleet ships/Vulcan reinforcements were? If I were Starfleet, I'd throw whatever I had at that weapon, even kamikaze ships if necessary. (Picture a few ships loaded with torpedoes plowing into that weapon... :twisted:. Maybe this has something to do with the time travel plot...[/spoiler].

P.P.S. I love these spoiler tags :P.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

[spoiler]I believe the travel back through time was the result of the spheres collapsing. Great episode. Lame ending. Hope we get to see what happens next season.[/spoiler]
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

The episode up to the ending was good. After that it was lame, but since the best news to come out of Star Trek recently was that Brannon Braga was going to take a step back, I have faith in the writers, not B&B, that they will hopefully be able to pull off a good story (translation: fix the mess that was made).
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

It would have been better if Archer had woke up, and said "Oh Boy".
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

fliptw, HAHAHA and then he could of called out the name of his QL buddy :D
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Missed episodes

Post by Mickey1 »

Vader I missed some episodes also.
mj8244@locl.net
Thanks for the help,
Mickey1
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Missed episodes

Post by Avder »

Mickey1 wrote:Vader I missed some episodes also.
mj8244@locl.net
Thanks for the help,
Mickey1
huh?

You want something from me? Send a pm.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

See everyone, the ending explains everything!! See, what really happened, is that Enterprise is really a reincarnation of Quantum Leap and that's why Archer acted so funny in the first few episodes. See he just leaped waaaaay into the future after he thought he was finally home so now he's stuck anyway leaping from place to place. That's why the next episode will be called Enterprise: Quantum Leap ;)

Seriously though, awsome show! :)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I hate time travel cliches. All it means are the writers are too weak to come up with a realley good ending...like the vulcan babe and engineering guy jump in the sack and get all sweaty like and a year later Spock is born :P
Cougar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cougar »

woodchip wrote:I hate time travel cliches. All it means are the writers are too weak to come up with a realley good ending...like the vulcan babe and engineering guy jump in the sack and get all sweaty like and a year later Spock is born :P
OMG YA THAT IS SO GOUING 2 HAPPEN!!1 LOLOLOLz
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Rick Berman rocks! Just look at Deep Space Nine! It's Brannon Bragga who sucks (Voyager and Enterprise)