Someone was pissed

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Someone was pissed

Post by Tunnelcat »

It was bound to happen, at one of his own crap-on-the-left boner rallies too. Spew hate, cry dictator and ★■◆● happens. I'd like to know how someone got a gun in there in the first place. This is early news, so I couldn't find a better link.

https://www.youtube.com/live/j6KYN0x8mr ... KyBtvO42tq
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Someone was pissed

Post by woodchip »

What a stupid link. A BB gun? BB guns don't make gun shot noises. If you want a better viewpoint: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024 ... ots-fired/
But you are right about one thing, we need to wait.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager

A mouse might be in a cookie jar.... but he is not a cookie" ... Casper Ten Boom

If your life revolves around the ability to have an abortion, what does that say about your life? Anonymous
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I couldn't find a better link back when I first heard the news. It was not a BB gun. People heard shots. 3 people are dead, one the shooter and 2 rally attendees. More news as the networks are getting online about this since the main news networks are all now doing live coverage.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Going to be interesting to see who the shooter was.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

A mouse might be in a cookie jar.... but he is not a cookie" ... Casper Ten Boom

If your life revolves around the ability to have an abortion, what does that say about your life? Anonymous
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The shooter fired from outside the rally, so that's why no one caught a person trying to enter with a weapon. Had to be a rifle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The shooter was on the roof of a building outside the venue, so a sniper. I'm surprised that any high areas or buildings weren't swept before the rally too. 2 people dead, one the shooter. One other injured.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I wish the greys would officially introduce themselves. Great America has become retarded again. To Trumps credit the bloody face fist photoset goes down in photographic history.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I wonder if this will move the needle down any on the polling of conservatives about the acceptability of violence in the political process.

It probably won't, or will make them even more open to violence. Just like I highly doubt this will move any conservatives on gun control either. Because clearly the problem is that we don't have enough guns in America yet. :roll:
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Maybe the shooter didn't have a gun but a high-powered slingshot. CNN has ★■◆●ing lost it.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

TheWhat wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:16 pm I wish the greys would officially introduce themselves. Great America has become retarded again. To Trumps credit the bloody face fist photoset goes down in photographic history.
Just one inch to the right and a turn of his head is all that stood between Trump and eternity. Unfortunately, that same bullet went on into the crowd behind him to his right and hit people in the stands. That photo will be used as a rallying cry for more MAGA hate, if I judge my thralls correctly. They were already out there praying for Jesus to watch over him like a savior.

One thing that's come out of this craziness is that the press is now focused on Trump, not Biden. Biden was also classy enough to pull all his negative Trump attack ads. Will Trump be so gentlemanly in return? Probably not. He'll stand up there in the upcoming Convention and lambast the left as usual, generating even more hate and division, just you wait and see. :roll:

Shooter was on the building in this video and shot dead by the Secret Service.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Giving my 2 cents worth. !st the shooter was a 20 year , Thomas Matthew Crooks. What possessed him, who knows . Here is a video showing the "sniper" in action. Scroll down to near bottom of link: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-14/ ... /104096364
The bigger question is how did this kid get up on the roof with a rifle and not be observed by Secret Service agents? Get set up and fire off a number of rounds before the anti-snipers fired back. I kinda could tell it was a amateur after the first round he did a spray and pray which killed a number of attendee's.
If you are at all interested in a nsfw commentary on this Dan Bongino has a podcast m-f at 11:00 am. I mention him as he was a secret service agent, planned presidential details and protected presidents so you will get a special insight. If you want to see him live you'll have to join rumble.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He was registered as a Republican but gave money to a couple left wing causes. Weird. More will come out as time passes. But one thing's for sure, Trump is taking a page from Reagan on the sympathy vote and doubling down on his violent rhetoric against the Dems in his bid for power. We're all screwed because of what this idiot kid did.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/gunfir ... 024-07-14/
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:If you are at all interested in a nsfw commentary on this Dan Bongino has a podcast m-f at 11:00 am.
Ahh, this makes sense. Garbage in, garbage out.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:54 am He was registered as a Republican but gave money to a couple left wing causes. Weird.
A stupid 20 year olds idea at misdirection. Anyone can register as a republican/democrat/independent/etc, its a ★■◆●ing checkbox in the registration form. There is no test, no fee, no verification, it is just a stupid bit of partisan bull★■◆● data collection to enable the political parties to gerrymander better. IMO it should be illegal to gather party affiliation in voter registrations.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody, why on earth do you think we'd even WANT to listen to a prick like him? I mean Republicans are now blaming the Dems for the rising violence because of OUR fears of the destruction of our very precious democracy if Trump is elected. What gall. Our fears are well founded and formed from Trump's own words and the nutty people/convicts he'll surround himself with once that Orange Dictator gets elected. Project 2025 is a blueprint for Trump's Neofascist Christian adgenda as president. This stupid kid lying on a roof with what was probably a cheap AR style rifle that he'd probably just purchased and didn't even zero in before firing just gave Trump a boost. If he had at least practiced firing his rifle, we'd be having a totally different conversation right now. I can also guarantee you there will be no calls to restrict the sales of those rifles from your side of the aisle either.

Oh, and I can confidently say that the Stock Market will tank tomorrow. Not because this was an assassination attempt on a former president. It's because it gave a boost to Trump's re-election chances because people are stupid and will feel sorry for Herr Trumpkins. We already know his MAGA nutbags are doubling down.

As for gathering party affiliations for voters, many states have closed primaries, so they kind of HAVE to do that to keep non-party voters from voting for party candidates in primary elections. Those are rules the 2 political parties came up with and enforce. I'm a non-affiliated voter and we have closed primaries here, so I couldn't a vote for either presidential candidate even if I wanted to in our primary.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I've been trying to keep up on developments and now the world's talking heads are all of a sudden gun and ammunition experts: "If he would've used a different caliber things might be different" type thing.

A bullet went through his ear - your ear is attached to your head - an audience member behind him died - it's random luck Trump is alive, inches away - and the news outlets are talking about sniper training and calibers nshit - literally 1 inch and Trumps head would've been smattering pumpkinhead. The internet really did make everyone an expert about everything. Thats a headshot from 2-300 feet (or yards?)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TC, how do you know he's a prick? Only suggested him as he knows how the secret service works as he was a agent. More importantly he knows people still working there and might give some insight on how the shooter could even get a rifle and his body in position. If you prefer the WAPO and suggestions that a bb gun was used that's your prerogative.
TheWhat,you're right, armchair experts thinking a different caliber might of made a difference have no clue. A .223 round is a very flat shooting round with more than enough kinetic energy to splatter A human skull. My opinion at the 100 or so yards the shooter was at, the shooter was excited and probably didn't factor in the breeze or had his finger not positioned right, nor did he have a clue as to what BRASS means ( breath, relax, aim, slack, squeeze ).

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

If the kid bought to usual cheap AR you can go into any gun or sporting goods store and purchase, I'm talking under a $1000, it was probably chambered for 5.56 (.223) ammo. Trump's lucky it didn't hit his skull. If it had, the whole side of his head would be gone. We'll eventually find out. By the way, the shooter was only around 400 FEET from Trump, not yards.

Woody, I don't give a rat's behind if the guy was a former secret service agent. Yes, he knows how they operate, but he's still MAGA biased and has been criticized for previous conservative partisan political statements to further his political career. Yes, even many in the Secret Service can blindly love an egomaniac jackass like Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Bongino
Bongino was criticized by former colleagues at the Secret Service for using his Secret Service background as part of his run for political office and for his claim of having secret information based on conversations he overheard in the Obama White House.[10][11][2] A former colleague criticized him for trying to use his proximity to President Barack Obama in his political career: "He's trying to draw attention to himself and he's hijacking the Secret Service brand. That's all he's got going for him."
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

It is not how big the bullet is, it is how fast it is going.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom, it's not how big or fast but how accurate the shooter.
TC, 100 yards or so is 300 feet or more. 400 feet would be about 133 yards. I'll concede to your more accurate distance.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

This is a huge question, "Political commentator and former New York Police Department officer John Cardillo posted on X, “This looks really bad. This looks like the counter sniper team had eyes on the shooter, let him fire first, then returned fire.”

Even the FBI is questioning how the Secret Service allowed the shooter to fire off several rounds, according to a senior FBI official during a press conference after the assassination attempt"

You'll forgive me if I go to a firebrand like Bongino 'cause i don't think the secret service will give us a straight answer.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:51 amThe bigger question is how did this kid get up on the roof with a rifle and not be observed by Secret Service agents?
The answer is also the answer to 9/11. The government is collectively incompetent more often than not but there is an illusion of competence, and that illusion is necessary to maintain because without it our society would collapse. Also, people don't seem to realize that society functions because people generally keep to themselves and don't cause trouble. When someone stops doing that all the cracks in the system become visible.
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:54 amHe was registered as a Republican but gave money to a couple left wing causes. Weird.
That's called being a normal person. People aren't one dimensional.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:You'll forgive me if I go to a firebrand like Bongino 'cause i don't think the secret service will give us a straight answer.
Yeah, I thought the "I forgive you" stuff from that other thread was a bit silly because you don't show any intention to be more skeptical of the media diet you consume.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:16 pm This is a huge question, "Political commentator and former New York Police Department officer John Cardillo posted on X, “This looks really bad. This looks like the counter sniper team had eyes on the shooter, let him fire first, then returned fire.”

Even the FBI is questioning how the Secret Service allowed the shooter to fire off several rounds, according to a senior FBI official during a press conference after the assassination attempt"

You'll forgive me if I go to a firebrand like Bongino 'cause i don't think the secret service will give us a straight answer.
That's also my question. It was open farm country with only a few buildings around. His rally didn't even have that big of an attendance. I would've thought ALL the high ground buildings would've had Secret Service on them in firing positions. But not that one building. There's 2 scenarios. Either they were watching Trump's little performance, enjoying the coming lib bashing and not paying attention, or some lib agent let the shooter take his chance shots hoping to get Trump assassinated. This country is so divided, no government job is free of partisanship for or against Trump.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

vision wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:17 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:54 amHe was registered as a Republican but gave money to a couple left wing causes. Weird.
That's called being a normal person. People aren't one dimensional.
No, they aren't. But I got sick of both parties and became unaffiliated to show my displeasure. Maybe that kid did too, saw that his party was beholden to an egomaniac and decided in his juvenile mind to take crazy action. I even voiced my displeasure to my neighbor who's the Dem Party local organizer. I told him the Dems were going to make the exact same mistake with Biden that they did with Hillary, by sticking with their chosen candidate to the bitter end, no matter how flawed they were. I WILL vote the Dem ticket in November because the Republican alternative as president is too horrifying to contemplate. I've already voiced my reasons.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Biden just repudiated all political violence in a national address and asked Americans for calm and unity. But meanwhile, on the MAGA front and the Republican Party, they're not having it. They're doubling down on their bull★■◆● and blame the Dems playbook. How classy.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old Pennsylvania man who tried to assassinate former President Donald Trump on Saturday, reportedly got rejected from his high school shooting club for being a “comically bad” shot.
A few years before the assassination attempt, Crooks tried out for the rifle team at Bethel Park High School, two former classmates told The Post.

The shooting range at the school is 50 feet long by 21 feet wide, with seven ranges.

Crooks once fired from the seventh lane — the closest lane to the right wall — and hit the left wall, completely missing every target on the back wall. He missed his target by close to 20 feet, Murphy recalled.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He got very close for firing a weapon with only 16 inch barrel and under duress because a police officer had just confronted him moments earlier as he was getting up on the roof. If Trump hadn't turned his head, the back of it would've been blown clean off.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

If I could create a video of all the insults and attacks against the left ever since this bastard came on stage to run for president, it would take me only hours of going through all the footage of his rallies to get plenty of attacks against the left. But, I don't want to have to bleach my eyes just to wash them clean of the Trump filth. And to conservatives who say their supporters are being attacked, yes it happened too. But I'll ask you, who started all this left bashing first, hmmmmm? To the guy who bashes the left here with his sig, you're part of the problem so shut the ★■◆● up. The dates of these videos are from 8 years ago too. Go to hell Republicans. Everything survives on the net.

Hate from Christian leaders.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That's because MAGAts are complete ★■◆●ing pussies. They talk ★■◆● but can't deal with the consequences.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Bullies. That's what unprincipled bullies do, deflect blame from themselves, when THEY are to blame. You know, kinda like Trumpkins? I guess they learned from their master. And again, the idiot mainstream press is calling for calm while Trumpublicans keep throwing ★■◆●. Whaaaaaa! We're poor little victims. The left is the real bad guy. Keep on whining MAGA. As the Republicans dig in deeper behind their nutbag MAGA wall, they're going to piss off enough intelligent people who'll never in a million years vote Republican again. The party has been poisoned for a long time. This is the press just today. Focused on the wrong "target" as usual. :roll:

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"how can we make this about biden and his dementia?"

"how can we make this somehow about biden?"

"how can we try to paint biden as the instigator?"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ya know? Maybe that kid shooter was really an inside job to make a victim of poor little Trumpkins, missed on purpose and no one can prove anything since the S.S. shot him dead. Sure, a couple of people died, but Trump doesn't give a damn in his grand scheme of getting power. Dead fake assassin thrall can tell no tails. How do I know?. Trump predicted "...all hell will break loose"... at that rally in a bunch of emails 7 days BEFORE the shooting. :wink:

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

YouTube will rot your brain
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He's right about the damn press. The conspiracy theory is all mine.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

It's because they've become so predictable.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Conspiracy theories are like assholes...everyone has one. It is curious the last three assassination attempts have been against republicans, Scalise : Rand Paul, " I was there at the ballfield when Steven Scalise almost died from a very, very angry, violent man who was incited, really, by rhetoric on the left. And this hasn’t been reported enough: When he came on to the ball field with a semiautomatic weapon, firing probably close to 200 shots at us, shooting five people and almost killing Steve Scalise, he was yelling, “This is for health care!” He also had a list of conservative legislators — Republicans — in his pocket, that he was going to kill."
Why was he yelling about health care? Because the news was covering how people will die if the GOP had their way with a revised Obama era health care revision. Who was the shooter? Why a Bernie Sanders supporter. Another loonie lefty that thought the spray and pray method of shooting was the epitome of rifle marksmanship He also " after relentlessly pushing the Russia Collusion Hoax, a Bernie Bro who, just a few weeks prior had launched a Change.org petition under the title “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.,”
And our feckless FBI, how did they rule the shooting? Why as a suicide by cop. I could go on about the attempt on Kavanaugh and now Trump, but i notice one thing...it's not maga supporters attempting all this. So continue grasping at straws trying to paint Trump and his supporters as evil and Trump as Hitler (then make the statement, "Imagine if someone had eliminated Hitler back then") When in truth it is leftist commies that have murdered more people world wide than any other doctrine (I'd give figures but tough to find with google) Suffice to say neither form of govt. is desirable.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Why was he yelling about health care? Because the news was covering how people will die if the GOP had their way with a revised Obama era health care revision.
Yes, the bull★■◆● Republicans do, want to do, and talk about doing, actually ★■◆●ing harms people. Repealing ACA provisions like requiring coverage of pre-existing conditions would literally bankrupt and kill people at scale.

I'm sorry, but the real problem isn't accurately describing the consequences of Republican governance, it's Republican governance. If you want civility, you have to actually behave like you want to live in a society with the rest of us.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:05 am
woodchip wrote:Why was he yelling about health care? Because the news was covering how people will die if the GOP had their way with a revised Obama era health care revision.
Yes, the bull★■◆● Republicans do, want to do, and talk about doing, actually ★■◆●ing harms people. Repealing ACA provisions like requiring coverage of pre-existing conditions would literally bankrupt and kill people at scale.

I'm sorry, but the real problem isn't accurately describing the consequences of Republican governance, it's Republican governance. If you want civility, you have to actually behave like you want to live in a society with the rest of us.
Yes and republicans are pushing granny over a cliff too.