Descent 3 oscars!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

gonzo.. don't be a tard alright?

threadshit again and i may accidentally hit the 'delete post' button...
Gonzo7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

MR H&M

Post by Gonzo7 »

Look Kurupt
First off i don't care whose idea it was, it is designed to do just what it is doing.Second of all I never called you any names. Wheather your full of ★■◆● or not makes no differense to me.You seem not to able to take critizium without all the exmpalaries not myself. I doubt that I will ever have to be in a position to be face to face with you ( which is a sort of shame in some ways). You have already dug your trench with many others. Which I am not one as of this time. So as far as I am concerned I mostly was wondering why you would even get involved in this to begin with considering the rather large amount of folks , that for whatever reason find you a point of discussion. First off I NEVER use your name for any reason and I would greatly appreciate it, if you don't use mine ok. Now you can act like a man and recieved this in the manner it is being given to you or you can continue to show that you have a ways to go yet to maturity. Like I tried to point out the first post. I have no axe to grind with you at this time and hopefully never will. IF my remarks have offended you then it was never the intent to do so, However it still does not change the gist of what was saying.
Gonzo
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I am amazed people went through that entire list looking for their name.
Gonzo7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Names

Post by Gonzo7 »

Actually Goob. I really didn't even look at whose name's were listed bud. I didn't even know about this thing till today. We were on our TS server and afew ppl were discussing it and I iquired as to what they werew talking about. I was promptly linked to the site and the rest is history. I only saw my name after I was told about K's reply. I am sure you know I rarely even go to the DBB cause of these kind of things.This community is made up of a bunch of some great people with concern and respect for other's I can't count the times you have took the time to thank me as a server and others for the use of there resourse's . Small thing, but makes a person feel like at least it is appreciated. I like ingus he has a dry sense of humor, but if you ever needed anything. He always seem willing to do whatever he could. However on the other side of this matter there are always those , that just seem to create problem's and generally make chat and the game unpleasant at the least.
Gonzo
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

fair enough. i've got no beef with you gonzo, never have. i just don't like it when people try to "show me who's boss" on the internet. so many people have, and when they meet me they're so nice you'd think i was the president of the united states. then a week later when they're a few hundred miles away again they're back to talking out their ass. sorry if that bugs me.

that list was a joke, every single person i could find was on that list. i don't see how so many people could have missed that when the list being 3 pages long made it so obvious.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Y'all got played, haha.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

kurupt... You need another list... The paranoid wacko list...

*For example:

Redbone
Gonzo
Eyerate
Bigrye
Jedi

*In jest, of course. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I find it highly amusing that the people making the most fuss are the ones who claim and repeat that they do not care. :wink:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I don't care!

Pika Pika!!

;)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

After 3 pages I have ye to be named. w00p.
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

TheCops wrote:
xceptional1 wrote:best tandem - right nut & left nut ;)
this is a natural fact in my world. i played them with vertigo one time in kata 2vs2... thay messed us up real bad. the best i could do is say "right nut aint as good as left nut".

it was a good day
*remembers*

*crawls into a corner and whimpers*

;)
Gonzo7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Mr K

Post by Gonzo7 »

Well K
I have to agree with one thing for sure. I am from the old school and my sons live by the same rules . You open your mouth to me on the phone or behind a monitor you can count on the first opportunity I get I will use whatever resourse's nessary to resolve the matter. Personally I find that kind of attitude refreshing K. If a person can't say it to your face then they need to keep it to themselves. So from my perpestive you have nothing to apologize for concerning that matter. Not saying that you were apologizing just making a remark.
Gonzo
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

no prob gonzo, i got what you meant.

<3
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

How about "Miss Congeniality" I'll accept that. Throw me a bone here I'm desperate. :evil:
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

awwww how sweet =) can ya feel the love?!
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

now that $hit storm #1 is over with, lets talk about some memorable team games , lan, d3tl doesnt matter.. SHOOT.
Redbone
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Chi lame

Post by Redbone »

and now with all of kurupts mouthing off lets all race to the CHI lan roflmao,who wants to spend time at a lan with a idiot like that having anything to do with it.
too bad I am not attending I would love for this boy to talk smack to my face.
Redbone
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Redbone »

OH and you forgot 1 person
most un-noticed
Ford Perfect
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

meyham is a bad mofo too
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Chi lame

Post by kurupt »

Redbone wrote:and now with all of kurupts mouthing off lets all race to the CHI lan roflmao,who wants to spend time at a lan with a idiot like that having anything to do with it.
too bad I am not attending I would love for this boy to talk smack to my face.
see what i mean gonzo?

=)
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

ya he is. funny i get lots of credit but at sickone's LAN, in most games it was a toss up between me, mehyam, nirvana, and vander who won plenty himself.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

hah!
Guess I should wait till after I've recovered from a "bad day at the office" before I post.Then maybe I should read all posts b4 replying!
now with a clearer mind and a better attitude, I clearly see what I missed when I posted.
My apoligies Kurupt, I was offbase in my post, and the flaming that ensued after it is unfounded.

to stay on topic.... I remember many many great matches Ive been in but I think my most memorable were the marathon 1v1 matches Peacemaker and I had at the first SQN lan. With Peace and I being close to the same skill level at the time it made for some great dogfights(til my vid card took a dump :/).
I still look forward to many more games of Descent in the future!

another quality 1/3 cent brought to you by Hat ;)
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Best Games:

1. Teh Entropy game between SW and D3k. Time was almost up, the game was tied, the count down counter was on all of our screens with like three seconds left when krom took their base to put us ahead.

2. D3k vs Rox tourney. Despite all the bitching, all five of those games where some of the most intense ones I had played. Especially the 5th game, that was grid lock. Best, for me, goes when we took them in Halcyon without Krom/Bah.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

You forgot Subway Dancer :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bettina
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

/me gnaws on bone so kindly tossed in by Redbone.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

I have to agree with Brian. Kai *is* the most underrated player. When Kai was on he was untouchable.

B-
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Mayhem was always fun.

And ford, how does "everyone's favorate newbie" sound? ;)
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm not proud. I'll take anything. But newbie after 3+ years? How about target?
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

No fear, Ford. I'm the ultimate NuB. 3+ years, I still suck, but damn I love this game. :D
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol ..only 3 years?? try 6 here. ;)
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

One of my favorite Funny moments:
XTA game with friendly fire on.... tie game against WP at a negative score. Owning Goob with 60 "Lucky" fusion shots :P
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

To add to Vlider's Best Natural Flyer: Fiend.

Hahaha I remember that -score xta! :D I think it ended up -25 to -25. We kicked our own asses!
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Speaking of Jedi, I see he had to go make another contribution over at the Florida State Corrections picture booth. What was it this time Randy :)
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Kur, sorry if I misidentified a culprit, there. My eyesight ain't what it used to be, nor is my memory of small bits of detail noticed in passing. Sorry. :)

Whoever that was, though... :roll:

8)

Vlider, I actually don't remember offhand which incident you're thinking of. I remember most of our IDL games, but Descent is like four years behind me now. (I might remember with a refresher.)

- Sirian
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

Sirian, it was that muses game i cant remember which level, all i remember was being trapped at the bottom of a long ramp with no shields left and u needed one more kill to win it.

so i went out in a blaze of glory.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

CDN_Merlin wrote:After 3 pages I have ye to be named. w00p.
word

I think I belong in the "Longest n00b" category.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

... My lil' ego feels left out too ... !

FordPerfect and I oughta compete for the longest-time-playing-with-lowest-PXO-Rank category.. !

.. or how about the most beers consumed while Lanning but still able to play category...? ... Or was it Tequila ..?
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

El Ka Bong wrote: .. or how about the most beers consumed while Lanning but still able to play category...? ... Or was it Tequila ..?

speaking of drinking, lets give a shot out to Whodat
he pioneered those big 14 or higher indika games and the drunk games hehehe!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I have not been named. Most of you I have never played agaist unless you were under an alias.

The best player I have played against recently is O. Anyone know who he is?
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

Ok, let's see..........

MOST MEMORABLE GAME - the 20 man Quadsomniac we played at Califest 2001. Man, that was one crazy game.

BIGGEST LAUGH - Vlider keeping J-Oh and TD999 (?) in the dark about him being Ingus for hours as they all drove up to Califest 2002.

ANOTHER HOOT - Whodat sicking his head into the other room at Califest 2001 to check out the squre dancers and being overcome by "Blue Hair" perfume. We considered calling 911 for a resusitator. :D

UNRECOGNIZED PILOT - Crossbones, one hella-good pilot and always there to help a n00b.

Ka Bong, I don't know what it was you were drinking, but I'm sure glad we had those big a** fans at Califest 2003. :P

And Vlider, MY MAN, HOW YA BEEN DUDE?