Descent 3 oscars!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

oscars

Post by TIGERassault »

What about "Dumbist Idiot"?
Neutrino
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Neutrino »

<----- MOST LIKELY TO BE ABSENT :P
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

I just searched for "Find on this page" for my name and saw I was mentioned by Javed and by Kurupt as overrated :D

Btw K, I remember beating you twice in Bi3 back when I actually used to play this game...then again it was when you were still new at D3, and I also don't remember you beating me pal. not that I care, you can take the title, since I have really no interest in playing D3 anymore.

however, if I were to make a list,

Best player: Birds
Best 2v2 team: Birds and Nirv
Best teams
1. WP
2. Fist
3. Ants
4. ROX
5. III
6. D3k

Best dogfighters: Birds, Barry, DT, Krom, Tyrant, Lobotomy, Nirv, Beonizzle Televizzle (thats me), Wakey

Best hit and run weenies: Shadowfox, Jesus Freak, Crown

I proudly accept my overrated title, though I used to have skeelz back in the day. :P

Oh yes, and an HONERable mention to {OSS}Arthur.
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

Teh Honer!
Add to hit and run weasels, Gog.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

oscars

Post by Jadewolf »

bet51987 wrote:
most of them quit after 2-3 deaths because they can't instakill the enemy with weapons that take talent
Krom.....I am one of those untalented players you speak of. I don't have the best computer, or even a joystick. I play with a keyboard and a mouse. I have a fair video card and have lots of stuff in D3 turned off, but that's not the problem. It's me.

I'm not even close to the skill level you and other players are or ever will be. Some have skill, some don't (like me).
So, I become an easy kill in some games no matter how hard I try, and I do try. I never cheated or used hacks even when offered the way to do it. I just can't.

So, SD, and some of the other games give me a chance to compete because of the weapons and places to duck into if I have to. I can take on superior players there and hold my own for awhile. I have fast reflexes but my skill level in shooting is where I fail no matter how much I practice.

So, please consider us "noobs" when talking about levels that we like.

Your a good guy, so don't bash me too hard.

Bettina :wink:
same here for the most part ( maybe I might get better if I use the mouse?)
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

dude, i overrated everyone, read the thread :P

besides, anyone i've ever beaten since 2000 doesn't deserve to even own a copy of descent, because its been that long since i've been any good at any of them.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

kurupt wrote:dude, i overrated everyone, read the thread :P

besides, anyone i've ever beaten since 2000 doesn't deserve to even own a copy of descent, because its been that long since i've been any good at any of them.
lol
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

Deadmeat wrote:Ok, let's see..........

MOST MEMORABLE GAME - the 20 man Quadsomniac we played at Califest 2001. Man, that was one crazy game.

BIGGEST LAUGH - Vlider keeping J-Oh and TD999 (?) in the dark about him being Ingus for hours as they all drove up to Califest 2002.

ANOTHER HOOT - Whodat sicking his head into the other room at Califest 2001 to check out the squre dancers and being overcome by "Blue Hair" perfume. We considered calling 911 for a resusitator. :D

UNRECOGNIZED PILOT - Crossbones, one hella-good pilot and always there to help a n00b.

Ka Bong, I don't know what it was you were drinking, but I'm sure glad we had those big a** fans at Califest 2003. :P

And Vlider, MY MAN, HOW YA BEEN DUDE?

hey mr.meat. long time no see. Ive been good. I've started playing unreal since theres nothing else out there that i like. So i guess i'll infect unreal with some ingus :P
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

I'm going to keep it short and sweet

Best Team game I ever played in : ROX beating WP by one point, something like 250-249 in a 5v5 team game for D3TL tourney.

Best 1v1 player I have ever played : Birdseye. But there are a lot of close seconds. If you've beaten me more than once when I was actually decent (summer 2002-summer2003) you're somewhere in that hazy list. I can't name you all there's too many

Best tandem : Rightnut and Leftnut, of course! Who were those masked men?! ;)
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

hey there darktallywacker :P
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Hey Vlid I almost forgot

Best internet personality : Infamous Ingus AKA Lord Gregory Ingus AKA The Ninja who moves like the Wind. I loved that avatar!
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

i can remember a time on d1 lan, i was a n00b and my brother and our friends would play alot of "Mega Death".

And nobody would come near me because i had a habit of firing mega missles at point blank range and suiciding constantly.

So i just bumbled around the level, like a damn fool. I just thought I'd share that with you guys heh!
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Darktalyn1 wrote:Best Team game I ever played in : ROX beating WP by one point, something like 250-249 in a 5v5 team game for D3TL tourney.
Boy do I remember that one! In SML. We could have won if a few of us (Tyrant :P) were paying attention to the score, and didn't rush in for the kill :) Hostile got the last kill on that one with an errant Fusion from the upper Energy block, if I recall...We had the better Vauss, we should have slowed down and used it.