11th September

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

11th September

Post by BUBBALOU »

WE WILL NEVER FORGET
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

x2
Arol
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arol »

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

The day of the tragedy wherein a large of American citizens lost their lives. :|

I know the day and month, but the year almost escapes me.. has it been 4 years already?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

3 Years.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re: 11th September

Post by AceCombat »

BUBBALOU wrote:WE WILL NEVER FORGET

x4
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

omg! I forgot the date today!

x5
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

x6.
Viralphrame
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viralphrame »

x7. Thank you, Bubba. :)
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Don't take anything for granted, Lobber and Dedman. Just think that on this morning 3 years ago thousands of people woke up with their whole days, their whole lives, already planned and that was cut away from them in an instant.

It can happen anytime.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Darkside Heartless »

x8
One of my friends dad was killed in tower 2.
RIP...
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

yep. X9
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: 11th September

Post by Battlebot »

BUBBALOU wrote:WE WILL NEVER FORGET
x10

(hosted it for you - MD)
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

x11
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

x12
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

My uncle gets angry when you send him a card and when you don't. It's a catch-22. Anyways, x13!
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

Lobber, I really don't care what your religious affiliation is. I, personally, don't have one. The point is, on this day three years ago, thousands of innocent people died in acts of senseless terrorism. Whether it could have been prevented or not is now beside the point. So, we take this day to remember them. It would take a very uncompassionate person to do any less.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

x14
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

:cry:

note: I found this pic at the homestarrules.com forum
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

x15

I will never forget that morning. :cry:
Arol
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arol »

Lobber wrote:Remind me again what's so special about this day?
In the context of the heading of this thread, a very good question indeed!
Whatâ??s so special about 9/11â?¦well letâ??s see.
Iâ??ll permit myself to paraphrase the late American president Franklin Delano Roosevelt,
â??â?¦a day that will go down in the annals of history as a Day Of Infamy!
A day like unlike any other, as it affected the lives of not only the people of the USA, but of everyone on the planet.
A day on which an act was committed that; not only today three years after it occurred but for decades if not longer into the future, will have repercussions of which we are incapable of imagining.
A day on which Muslim terrorists did what no foreign enemy had been capable of doing since the British in the War of 1812, they brought not just the specter of war to the continental USA, they brought death and destruction to its heartland.
A day which will have the most profound impact on the lives of us all, Muslim and non-Muslim alike.
A day that tore the scales from the eyes of everyone who saw those two gigantic towers collapsing under their own weight, and in so doing taking three thousands people to their deaths.
A day on which not only Americans but also people all around the world saw the true power, ruthlessness and utter savagery of the enemy of freedom and democratic values.
A day which saw the commencement of a war like none other in the annals history, a war is still raging and claiming new victims daily, a war whose end nowhere in sight. A war against an enemy that doesnâ??t see innocent civilians as non-combatants, rather as targets of opportunity, and the more innocent the better the target.
So, all in all, a special day!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I'm not so sure the Muslim terrorists actually are enemies of freedom and democracy... there are other, more meaningful, reasons to hate America...
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Look folks, this thread isn't about whether or not you care what happened. If you don't care, don't post in here. Its that simple. Show a little respect for those that care, mmk?
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

x16

I was shocked and scared that day. :x
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I was extremely angry that day.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

X17
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

How many lost, and whom, and why. They stagger us. For our sorrow, and our love, and our debt.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

I remeber walking into school that day, and my friend comes up to me and says "Two planes crashed into the World Trade Center!" and I remember thinking "WTF?" Then not believing him (he was one to repeat strange stuff). Then I went to Biology and I remember the teacher saying "I haven't heard anything else, it's true Two planes crashed into the World Trade Center, but I don't know anything else. We will let you know, but for now let's just go on with class." Then in my second period, Civics, is when the day pretty much stopped and we gathered around the TV and watched the news. The signal was pretty bad because the antenna on one of the towers was gone... supposedly that was the problem.

Someone said it was like the JFK Assassination, you will always remember where you were when you found out. I remember I was in front of locker 925. At school.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Beowulf wrote:Don't take anything for granted, Lobber and Dedman. Just think that on this morning 3 years ago thousands of people woke up with their whole days, their whole lives, already planned and that was cut away from them in an instant.

It can happen anytime.
I take nothing for granted. I will never forget what happened that day. I just don't see why we have to get all sappy on the anniversary of the event. We should remember what happened and be thankful for what we have every day. To do otherwise is to trivialize it and that would be a crime.

Oh, and thanks for the post deletion. Yay for the first ammendment.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Yep, I call it "Religious Intolerance" since they deleted my post about why 911 happened and what's in store for us in the near future.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:Yep, I call it "Religious Intolerance" since they deleted my post about why 911 happened and what's in store for us in the near future.
The DBB isn't your personal preaching forum. I thought I already made it clear why those posts were deleted. If you don't care, thats your perogative. Don't complain in a thread where people are showing respect for the dead.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

it's 930 pm, and until i saw this thread, i had no idea what day it was.

xWhateverthenextnumberis
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Oh come on mods, post deletion is extremely rude. People take time to reply because they care to be heard. Do you want people to stop posting entirely because they fear they will just get deleted?

I can justify deleting a post that contains something really offensive, but what Lobber and Dedman said was their opinion and I partly agree, I mean, we don't ever start threads about WW2 on the aniversery of D-day do we? WW2 was a far worse tragedy in our history.

Now you are going to hate me for this, but grow up mods and show some respect to opinions other than your own. :roll:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Do you consider disrespecting the dead extremely offensive xam?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Who was disrespecting the dead Ferno? I know I wasn't. I can't say about Lobber 'cause his posts were deleted.

Some of you are sounding a little like the poloticians who said voting against the patriot act, was unpatriotic.

To all those who want me to jump on the whoa is us we must never forget bandwagon or else it's disrespectfull, ★■◆● you. I will leave it up to you all to realize who you are.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Ferno wrote:Do you consider disrespecting the dead extremely offensive xam?
Well, lobber posted something about being a Jehovahs Witness which was kind of off the wall. But in no way did I see it as disrespecting the dead.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Xamindar wrote:Oh come on mods, post deletion is extremely rude. People take time to reply because they care to be heard. Do you want people to stop posting entirely because they fear they will just get deleted?
"Being heard" has nothing to do with it, or did you not notice that no other thread has posts deleted? Is it really that hard to keep the sniping comments (JBOMB to Dark Falcon) or the "I don't care" or the "Why bother remembering it?" posts out of this thread?
I can justify deleting a post that contains something really offensive, but what Lobber and Dedman said was their opinion and I partly agree, I mean, we don't ever start threads about WW2 on the aniversery of D-day do we? WW2 was a far worse tragedy in our history.
Thats fine. They're welcome to their own opinions. I happen to agree with their opinions, but there is a time and place for everything. This thread isn't it. Let me put it to you this way, if you posted a thread stating that a relative close to you passed away, then someone posted a "bah, I don't care" or "Why bother remembering?" post, can you honestly say you wouldn't be the least bit pissed off?
Now you are going to hate me for this, but grow up mods and show some respect to opinions other than your own. :roll:
Again, the problem isn't with other user's opinions, but the lack of respect being shown by other users for other user's opinions.

I guess that is too much to comprehend for some people, along with reading skills.

If anyone feels I'm wrong about this, send your complaints here and here.