INGUS wages war against D3's Greatest threat.....of the now!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

LOL @ canuck & tiger. Canuck, the elitists you speak of have not declared all the players that normally play in Subway Dancer pernanoobz without reason. We went into Subway Dancer, saw the limited tactics that they could use, crushed all the regulars, and only then declared them permanoobz. The elitists are smarter then just saying "that level sucks everyone that plays it is a noob" without testing the theory first, it would be impossible to maintain this level of elitism if we were so foolish to do otherwise.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

lol krom im saying its perfectly fine to go with any random alias into a level
but going as someone, hiding in an alias to "show that you own them" isnt good, cause all your doing is picking them off when there having fun and your trying your hardest to kill them. then you post on the forums "ha i beat you, you lose shutup" thats not right.

THERE ARENT FRICKEN TWO TYPES OF PILOTS!
its like saying earth is the only planet in the solar system, or all trees are made of cement or some cruddy thing like that. its stupid.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Rofl "Tiger Raptor off the Handle... "
Make me shaddup.

What is it to you "Elitists" what level the "Noobs"
play?

Instead of trying to promote and teach D3 to the new pilots many of you just get off whaling on them and then talkin' smack and insulting them, I know this to be true as I was whaled on many times in the beginning.

Weren't we all Noobs at one time?

My gawd some of you need a reality check and dates.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Spaceboy wrote:its like saying earth is the only planet in the solar system, or all trees are made of cement or some cruddy thing like that. its stupid.
Like saying "I own you all" right?
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Just skimming, I have to say that judging on how assanine Spaceboy's posts are, it really isn't necessary to take him seriously.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

You are no fun :P
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Sorry about that Canuck nothing personal.
Beowulf wrote:Just skimming, I have to say that judging on how assanine Spaceboy's posts are, it really isn't necessary to take him seriously.
He has given valid points. But more than half his posts are filled with pointless insults, and misspelled words. Whoâ??s going to take you seriously when reading gibberish?
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

:roll: whatever, dude.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

No worries Tiger.

And SpaceBoy, you aren't that good... your poking a wasps nest and they are a startin' to buzzz.

It's called Anarchy... no rules.

I think typekilling and spawnkilling are part of the game. Want to type? Go ob or die.

Too slow outta the gates? Well then die again until you learn to come out firin', twistin' and dodging.

I do give newer pilots a break though, no one likes being beat upon incessantly.

I generally let 'em go to collect stuff for me so that when I do get them, there's more spew :)

Back on topic, dissing people over what D3 level they play online is... well... just plain idiotic.

The fact is that they are playing D3 and enjoying themselves, and it's really irrelavent as to what level they are playing.

Sure it's got crazy weapons, and all sorts of issues... learn to dodge the cyclones and deal with the lag... everyone else is while in there.

Don't like it, then leave and join another level.

My 2¢
Nuck out.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

lol noobs like you keep posting...everone here keeps saying this persons better than everyone or THis person... and if YOU are saying that YOU are better then everyone... lol. you dont see a post by me sayin im better then everyone in d3. in fact in some of my posts i say i suck in some things... and im not complaining about typekilling, noob. read ALL the posts. lol. then see if u can come up with something decent.
Infamous Ingus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Infamous Ingus »

"INGUS skull SLAPS Spaceboy with a skillet" for not taking on Ingus in a 1on1.

But if that day does come, Ingus is gonna take your lil peppermint-stick-head@ss and turn your ship into that little Toys-R-Us avatar of yours.

go ahead and say you had a soccer game, ingus likes soccer moms!

cocky n o o b
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

I play soccer. Nothing wrong with playing soccer.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

bet51987 wrote:I like to know who I'm fighting. Is that wrong?
No, it's not. Like I said, just ask -- if you see someone under a name you don't recognize, ask who it is. If it's me, I'll tell you. If you want, I'll tell you every single one of my pilot names, including any of my old D1 names I can remember.

Back when I was a fairly new pilot, I didn't much like aliases, either. I would always ask people, and I went so far as to not play someone if they wouldn't tell me who they were. But I've grown up a lot, both as a pilot and as a person, and I've come to realize a lot of the reasons people fly under aliases. Top Gun named off a few of them...
The only explanation of why people change tags...
The only explanation you've ever come up with -- but not the only reason there is. There are lots of people with other reasons.

For example, I have one normal pilot for each ship, plus one special pilot (with a different autoselect) for each ship. I also have one pilot I made when I was woozly after giving blood, which is appropriately named "blood donor". Now, I could name my main pilots Lothar_tank, Lothar_pyro_special, and so on -- but that's really boring. So I name them things like "serial peacemaker", "post dated check loan", and various other Schlock Mercenary related names.

I've also found that if I play under my normal name, I often have a lot of people who want to chat with me during the game. So I fly under different names, in order to avoid having people sit there typing to me all game. I mean... if you want to chat, get IRC. Descent is not IRC. I'm not there to chat with you, and going under an alias helps me be sure I won't have to. (Because I'm so well known from the DBB, people talk to me a lot in game unless I go incognito.)

Also, like Krom said, I like to entertain people with my names. Surely you can see how it would be entertaining to get killed by someone named "blood donor" and then have him make a comment like "wow, that was messy... you'll need at least a few pints."
Once they determine the threat, they come back with the appropriate name. I've seen it.
I have no doubt that you have. There are some lamers in this community who (especially when PXO was around) refused to use their main pilot precisely because they didn't want to look bad or drop in rank. But that's very few pilots, overall.

To suppose that's the ONLY reason people use different names just displays your ignorance.

Have you ever considered, maybe, asking people flying under aliases "why are you flying under an alias"? Have you ever gone into chat and asked? There are a few pilots who do all sorts of lame things -- but the vast majority of us fly under aliases to be entertaining or to avoid unnecessary chat.

It's been like this since the D1/D2 peak on Kali, at least. A few people flew using aliases so that nobody would know if they owned them. A lot of people flew using aliases simply because they find it fun to be named "you" and keep seeing kill messages like "you killed you." A lot of people flew using aliases because they didn't want people to bother them with all sorts of "OMG look it's YOU oh wow you're my hero please type to me instead of playing because your my heeeeero!" messages all game.
Lothar...why are you so mad...is it because deep down you know ArcherOmega is right?

[from other post]

ArcherOmega is dead on, and that's what bothers Lothar.
"bothers" LOL

To expand on what Top Gun said: I'm a mathematician by trade. This is the way we respond to bad reasoning -- we go after it. We take it apart, point by point, and replace it with clear and correct reasoning.

So, when ArcherOmega posts something ENTIRELY INCORRECT, and I happen to know what's actually CORRECT, I treat it as my responsibility to correct him. In this case, ArcherOmega tried to argue that people who like dogfighting and fly under aliases are "clique" pilots. But I've been around this community for a lot of years (I've been married for 2.5, was engaged for 2.5, dated for 1, and met her here -- so that means I've been around at least 6 years), and I know better. I know there are clique pilots who dog, and clique pilots who rat, and pilots of both types who use aliases for various reasons.

And, I know the pilots who play Subway Dancer regularly are among the "bottom of the heap", so to speak. This is a judgement I made by flying against them, and flying against other pilots. In average games, I'm nothing special -- but put me in Subway, and I tend to really solidly dominate. That's a commentary on the average skill level of the pilots who play Subway. It's rare to find any who know what to do if they don't have a ton of butt missiles or an acid cyclone. It's really rare to find any who even know how to dogfight. (I'm not saying they always SHOULD dogfight -- sometimes it's not the tactically correct thing to do. I'm just saying, they don't have any competence at it, such that at times when it would be the tactically correct thing to do, they have to run away instead.)

I think the problem with Subway pilots is that the level itself never teaches them how to really play Descent. It encourages people to really specialize in their "running away and firing butt missiles" skill, which is highly useful in Subway, but won't do you any good in any other level. It encourages people to specialize in their "chuck an acid thingy around a random corner and hope for a kill" skill, which is highly useful in Subway and shaker games, somewhat useful in skybox and abend 2, and minimally useful elsewhere. And it gives you absolutely no encouragement to learn how to dogfight. So, when someone who's learned how to chuck butt missiles and acid cyclones AND who knows how to dogfight, mislead, intercept, and generally play real Descent shows up, you're at a big disadvantage.

I personally don't have a problem with Subway, nor do I have a problem with shakers, or any other weapons mod or level. If that's what you want to play, go for it -- and if I want to play that, I'll come join you. But what I do have a problem with is people with ArcherOmega's attitude -- people who think non-Subway players are somehow "lesser competitors", and who think mostly-Subway players are skilled at Descent. Most of us out here have paid our dues, and we know how to evaluate true Descent skill, and we're telling you the truth when we say that playing Subway Dancer badly limits your Descent skillz. Play some other levels, and learn to broaden your game -- and you'll probably have a lot more fun, and definitely have a lot more opportunity to play others.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Whoa Spaceboy what did you just type?

Umm I think you need to think a bit before posting.

And I'll catch you in the mines... if you decide not to leave the game after being whaled on.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

And, I know the pilots who play Subway Dancer regularly are among the "bottom of the heap", so to speak.
Well, I'm one of those, and since you take this game much more seriously than I do, in the terms of what is considered fun, there's no point in us discussing this anymore. Your at a much higher level than me, but you can play with me anytime.
Bettina
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

lol, its kind of funny that your worried bout typing. that was extremely random...
ArcherOmega
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ArcherOmega »

1st, Letâ??s get this out of the way. Top Gun - I have played D1 from Day1 right on into D3. 2nd-ly, I wouldnâ??t put down â??Sharpshootersâ?
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

the key difference between the super acid cyclones and a trifusion is that believe it or not, not just anyone can get 1 shot kills with fusion.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

You know the origional idea behind cyclones is that you would choose when it split apart?

I wish they would of kept it like that.
Vanguard
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Vanguard »

Why are we even discussing this? There is no way that ignus is ACTUALLY going to kill off Subway Dancer.
Besides that, listen to how he talks. No one would take him seriously.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Vanguard wrote:Why are we even discussing this? There is no way that ignus is ACTUALLY going to kill off Subway Dancer.
Besides that, listen to how he talks. No one would take him seriously.
See my post at PD for the first part of this. As for the second part, which I forgot to say there, everyone listens to Lord Ingus. He is...well...Ingus :P.
ArcherOmega
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ArcherOmega »

In all the put-downs, semantics, and innuendoes thrown around, I showed BETTINA (and in fact ALL the SD pilots) professionalism :D , kindness :D , and respect :D as competitors. (And always will). I network 3 PCâ??s at my house. My other friends & I have fought them all at random, & itâ??s a gas :) .

BETTINA - The opposition logic was flawed from the beginning. Claiming not to fight in SD because of â??noob single-shot kill secondariesâ?
Rover
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Rover »

OH NO THIS THREAD IS NOT A WRAP!!!!
I AM GOD HERE AND ITS NOT A WRAP!!!
UNTIL I SAY ITS A WRAP!!!

YOU ARE ALL NOOBS TO ME !!!
HEHEE HEHEE HEHEE (laughing evily)

oh yea what was this thread about???
:P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I see 2 types of fighterâ?¦Itâ??s an opinion.
Saying "it's an opinion" doesn't give you a free pass. It's your opinion -- but it's your opinion ABOUT something objective, namely, the types of pilots who play Descent. Having been around for a lot of years and having played just about everyone there is to play, it's clear to me that your "opinion" doesn't come close to covering the actual types of pilots who play this game. Your opinion only covers maybe 20% of the total pilots in this community, which is a clear sign that your opinion was formed from insufficient data.
ArcherOmega wrote:Claiming not to fight in SD because of â??noob single-shot kill secondariesâ?
ArcherOmega
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ArcherOmega »

Lothar wrote:
ArcherOmega wrote: .. RANDOM COMBAT / ANY TIME under their PRIMARY TAGS, the measure of a true COMPETITOR.
â?¦I don't see how "primary tags" even matters. It seems like an artificial constraint you've tried to force upon people just so you can make up your own bogus definition of "true competitor"
â?¦I was woozly after giving blood, which is appropriately named "blood donor"
â?¦I've also found that if I play under my normal name, I often have a lot of people who want to chat with me during the game. So I fly under different names, in order to avoid having people sit there typing to me all game.
â?¦like Krom said, I like to entertain people with my names. Surely you can see how it would be entertaining to get killed by someone.
â?¦To expandand on what Top Gun said: I'm a mathematician by trade. This is the way we respond to bad reasoning -- we go after it. We take it apart, point by point, and replace it with clear and correct reasoning.
NICE â??Clear & correct reasoningâ?
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

sorry, ArcherOmega, but Lothar is right on this matter. I really don't (or didn't) care about rank. Actually, i still also use my first Pilot (Pandora)... with all the tens of thousands of my newb deaths on its record. And I use aliases.
- Pandora for the phoenix
- Metatron for the Pyro
- Pazuzu for the tank
I have different settings for each of the ships, so different pilots make kinda sense. Also I think each of the names really fits to the particular ship. For instance, Metatron is an Angel (for me, the Pyro always was the ship of the 'good guy'). Pazuzu is said to drop mountains on his enemies, so also quite fitting for the Tank. and so on...
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Lothar is right.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I use 7 aliases that are picked depending on my state of mind. Or randomly. Anyone who knows me knows who I am in any of them, and/or can figure it out easily enough. Keeps me from having to bother with people I don't know who get pissy in a game, and come to chat to ★■◆● at me about it. I also freely admit who I am if asked, unless said person is whining. :) Sorry, Lothar is right.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

ArcherOmega, you make some observations about motives in these posts, but I think you lack perspective to a degree that renders your points presumptuous and inadiquate. The perspective I'm speaking of is the one of a top pilot--someone who is so good that they rarely lose a game unless it's to another top pilot; for around 4 years I stuck to one name, I didn't like the idea of flying under alias, because a lot of the reasons I saw for doing so had their roots in cowardice (except for flying under an alias just for fun, and I didn't even do that, because of the effect on others' rank). Some time ago, because I was playing so well, various people started accusing me of cheating--something that has always been just totally against my nature. Anyway, I guess at some point I quit caring, to degree--I figure I don't owe anything to anyone (most people, anyway) around here (D3) that they haven't scoffed at many times over. So I play under alias whenever it takes my fancy. My sense of good sportsmanship constrains me to use a known name if I'm ever targeting someone personally, but that's not the case with Subway Dancer; besides, why should I gives those panzies a real name to latch onto with their pathetic cries of "hack!". A Subway Dancer player by the name of Alf has already labeled Kal-El (me) a hacker, in Veins, and he and a friend left the game soon after I joined the other day. If it gains me a couple of kills, before they cry hack or leave the game, to fly under an alias, then so be it, and they've brought it on themselves.

ArcherOmega, I'm afraid you're on the outside looking in, as I was at one point, and there's no way you can accurately judge.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Archer, I can also verify another one of Lotharâ??s reasons for using aliases; the chat reason.

Even way back in 99, I became quite "popular" in the game, I recall it got to be out of hand when I would join a game using my "primary tag" and would have either a number of friendly people say "Hi! Whatâ??s up?"...or a larger number of unfriendly people say "Oh no, itâ??s that jerk hacker cheating maggot whore" then promptly leave the game or go into observer mode then spend the next 15 minutes calling me a hacker, and or insulting my: mother / intelligence / character / existence / all of the above / etc. I could totally empty some servers with 5-6 players in them within seconds just by joining the game. I can tell from your attitude that you have never been in the same situation, isnâ??t that right?

People like you always complain that this community is so newbie unfriendly and the aristocrats are arrogant uncaring uncompetitive jerks that are only concerned about protecting their own image. Donâ??t flatter yourself thinking you are a morally superior person just because of the way you join random games and play under only one alias. That is so typical "Oh poor me and the oppressed masses of newbies fighting the good fight against the arrogant cowardly aristocrats, it is so not fair". You ignore what has been very clearly and politely explained to you by Lothar because it is inconvenient to your position. Donâ??t bother trying to convince us that we should carry ourselves with more dignity, our dignity was stripped away by the "oppressed masses" long ago and there was nothing we could do about it.

I do not think you have had any impact whatsoever on what the alias playing elite will consider as valid competition and worthy of respect. Most if not all of us will respect just about any newbie that plays and plays and plays in the levels we define as requiring skill despite getting totally demolished game after game, because they remind us of ourselves when we were newbies, not afraid to get a bloody nose and some broken ribs. We know that these are the pilots which will one day bring the most adrenaline and competition into any level they decide to play in. Just have a look around here at the "elites"; this is the story for most of them.

Damn, what an overly serious post in such a funny thread. Oh well, canâ??t be helped. And I took so long typing it that three people posted before me LOL!
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

hey crack eater quit telling people how to play the game. there is only 15 people left who actually play, deal with it, pillow biter.

:x :x :x
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

I also agree with Lothar, couldn't have said it better myself.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Yep, theory confirmed, most of them are bottom feeders. I haven't played in months, and I went just went over 50% in Subway Dancer. My efficiency kept climbing too, but I don't have time today to see if I can get it over 70%.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Geez, now the elite are trying to decipher what the word "opinion" means.
Well, since we all have an opinion, and mine is based on what "I" have seen and felt in Subway when the BH's come in, I stand firmly on the outside with Archer Omega.
Oh yeah.....about the reason for one "tag" being that people want to talk to you is not true from where I'm standing. After the "Hi Bet", it settles down to fighting.
Bettina....one name...one ship :wink:
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Everyone has opinions, but they do little good unless unless they're subject to discussion and challenged by others. Heck, some people have to reexamine theirs and change them afterwards.

Clayman/Alien - many names, any ship. :)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Lothar is right re: aliases.
You are wrong ArcherOmega.

I fly under alias for a lot of reasons. None of them are cowardice...Embarassment perhaps, but never cowardice.

My friends know who I am when I'm under alias, as do my enemies, and anyone who's been paying attention can figure out who I am just by the alias.

There's another reason for flying under alias that nobody has mentioned, except glancingly: Sometimes, if you're in a game, people won't join when they see your primary tag, because THEY are cowards. Aliases are an opportunity to shoot those maggot whore beyotch whiner crybaby pussies.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Not me.....I'll fight you. I lost one game to a BH 30:2 and had to leave to go to bed, but I'll fight.
Bettina :wink:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Aww thats cute :)

Why not try doing that fighting in a BH level :)
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

goodness... this thing is so biased... on everyone.
0_o - someone should make a smiley for this :D
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

[quote="ArcherOmega"]Your â??bogus definitionâ?