Dancerites BOW down before.........

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Ya know? I suck so bad but I would willingly take ANYONE in SD ... PM me if ya wanna try, I promise that when I toss I will stick around and not run away :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Um, if I'm not mistaken, the deal with Subway is that all weapons are instant-kill?

If that's so, wouldn't the Vauss just plain rule?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

All weapons are not "instant kill". The vauss or MD would act like they do in any other game. The two weapons that do a lot of damage are the modded Cyclone and frags. The other modded ones like the mega, couldn't kill a fly. The secret is not "chuck and run". A lot of players do that...me too...the secret is outflying the weapons. That's what I like to do the most.
But anyone who is a marksman with an MD or Vauss...can kill me easily but he has to get a bead on me first. :wink:
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

And you'd need mad run-down skillz to do that! ;)
Infamous Ingus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Infamous Ingus »

In a "Morpheus" voice.

Sirius, unfortunately no one can be told what Subway Dancer is.. they have to see it for themselves.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

It IS over-rated.
Zer0Cool
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zer0Cool »

Infamous Ingus wrote:In a "Morpheus" voice.

Sirius, unfortunately no one can be told what Subway Dancer is.. they have to see it for themselves.
funny, and yet, so very true.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

But anyone who is a marksman with an MD or Vauss...can kill me easily but he has to get a bead on me first.
Trust me, the sergeant will have no problem doing that. Absolutely none at all. :)
max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by max kragen »

bet51987 wrote:Where can I get "Flagrunner"
hey bettina, what is "flagrunner", a level or game?
Trauma
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Bettina's a major player

Post by Trauma »

My my my, lots of posturing here today. I'm an SD addict, awesome stuff going on in there, loads of fun. Bett's got some good moves boys, watch out, she'll clean your clock if you don't watch it...

Try Roadkill's server, lots of action there...

SULACO
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

max kragen wrote:
bet51987 wrote:Where can I get "Flagrunner"
hey bettina, what is "flagrunner", a level or game?
It's a level; you can get it here.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Bettina's a major player

Post by Krom »

Trauma wrote:My my my, lots of posturing here today. I'm an SD addict, awesome stuff going on in there, loads of fun. Bett's got some good moves boys, watch out, she'll clean your clock if you don't watch it...

Try Roadkill's server, lots of action there...

SULACO
Your funny, playing bet is always the same, I can break a fight with her down into a few moves easly.

First you see her flying in, if she sees you then she keeps flying in the same direction she was going before, flying in a line, drops a cyclone on the floor, and hits the afterburners trying to run away. To kill her all you have to do is twitch dodge the cyclone then fire trifusion ahead of her ship and she will die. You would be very hard pressed to find a regularly playing pilot which is that inferior to the rest of us as she is. I have nothing against her personally, but she is not a major player.
max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by max kragen »

Top Gun wrote:It's a level; you can get it here.
thank u...
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I enjoy filling all the holes she can use to leave a room with secondary fire of some sort and seeing which one she chooses.

But that's just me.

Trifusion is SO passe. Mortars are where it's at.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Krom wrote: Your funny, playing bet is always the same, I can break a fight with her down into a few moves easly.

First you see her flying in, if she sees you then she keeps flying in the same direction she was going before, flying in a line, drops a cyclone on the floor, and hits the afterburners trying to run away. To kill her all you have to do is twitch dodge the cyclone then fire trifusion ahead of her ship and she will die. You would be very hard pressed to find a regularly playing pilot which is that inferior to the rest of us as she is. I have nothing against her personally, but she is not a major player.
WarAdvocat wrote:I enjoy filling all the holes she can use to leave a room with secondary fire of some sort and seeing which one she chooses.
But that's just me.
Trifusion is SO passe. Mortars are where it's at.
Krom....Even though I was a Lieutenant before PXO went away, nowhere, have I ever said I was a "major player". My "HEAD" isn't that "BIG" :) I just love playing Descent and razzing the BH's...and WarAdnvocate, your not getting off easy either....

It took awhile, but I checked all my netgames of late, and couldn't find where I played either one of you.... If you want to brag to your friends that you "owned" me,... do it out in the open where I can see you instead of pretending to be a nobody.
A Major player coming into a game hidden under a "newbie" name is worse than a chuck and runner....

P.S.....I really Luv you guys.

Bettina :wink: :wink: :wink:
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I find it highly entertaining that all these people are playing the level they dislike the most in order to blow up a newb that doesn't even register on the pilot scale.

(note newb is a factual term, n00b is a derogatory one)
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Very good catch Testi :)
bet51987 wrote:Krom....Even though I was a Lieutenant before PXO went away, [..]
Really ? I don't think I ever saw you when PXO was still alive.. PXO died on Fri May 21st IIRC. You registered here on May 30th. How long have you be playing before that ?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Grendel wrote:Very good catch Testi :)
bet51987 wrote:Krom....Even though I was a Lieutenant before PXO went away, [..]
Really ? I don't think I ever saw you when PXO was still alive.. PXO died on Fri May 21st IIRC. You registered here on May 30th. How long have you be playing before that ?
About a year and a half....I nvr knew this place existed.
Bettina
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Uhm. What's up with the abusing specific players? Who ever called for that?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Sirius wrote:Uhm. What's up with the abusing specific players? Who ever called for that?
Yeah....leave me alone you bullies...
Bettina
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

bet51987 wrote:All weapons are not "instant kill". The vauss or MD would act like they do in any other game. The two weapons that do a lot of damage are the modded Cyclone and frags. The other modded ones like the mega, couldn't kill a fly. The secret is not "chuck and run". A lot of players do that...me too...the secret is outflying the weapons. That's what I like to do the most.
But anyone who is a marksman with an MD or Vauss...can kill me easily but he has to get a bead on me first. :wink:
You do realize that there's no MD in Subway Dancer... don't you? That has got to be your best level. Maybe you just never use primary weapons, so you aren't aware of which ones are available.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

bet51987 wrote:
Sirius wrote:Uhm. What's up with the abusing specific players? Who ever called for that?
Bettina
What did you call me?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Suncho wrote:
bet51987 wrote:All weapons are not "instant kill". The vauss or MD would act like they do in any other game. The two weapons that do a lot of damage are the modded Cyclone and frags. The other modded ones like the mega, couldn't kill a fly. The secret is not "chuck and run". A lot of players do that...me too...the secret is outflying the weapons. That's what I like to do the most.
You do realize that there's no MD in Subway Dancer... don't you? That has got to be your best level. Maybe you just never use primary weapons, so you aren't aware of which ones are available.
My mistake....I have those two weapons de-selected, so I forgot they aren't in the game anyway.
It is not my best level either....I do well in others.
Bettina
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Dark Falcon wrote:
bet51987 wrote:
Bettina
What did you call me?
Wait till I strap on my Guns....then I'll answer you... :wink:
Bettina
max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by max kragen »

...:::MaxKragen swoops below the line of incoming mega fire and inhales deeply as he rockets across the thunderous arena, maxing the afterburners in that desperate plunge forward to rescue the damsel in distress..."fear not, my fair Bettina, you shall not see that ogre death this day!" he shouts, as he pulls the phenii into a tailspin and flys headlong into the wall:::BOOM!::: err...dang :oops:

quit pickin on the lady guys...be "gentle" men in all ways :) thx
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

max kragen wrote:...:::MaxKragen swoops below the line of incoming mega fire and inhales deeply as he rockets across the thunderous arena, maxing the afterburners in that desperate plunge forward to rescue the damsel in distress..."fear not, my fair Bettina, you shall not see that ogre death this day!" he shouts, as he pulls the phenii into a tailspin and flys headlong into the wall:::BOOM!::: err...dang :oops:

quit pickin on the lady guys...be "gentle" men in all ways :) thx
Hahaha....Thank you Max, but in my dream, your daring, and heroic rescue of me didn't quite work out as you planned, and I ended up rescuing you. :wink:
Bettina
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

:o
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

rofl

I don't register on the scale either! Oh and I usually don't play under this name Bettina :)

I would like SD if better if people would stick around to fight instead of running off to get more secondaries.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

:| .... :roll: .. thread- :shock: :cry: .
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

WarAdvocat wrote:rofl

I don't register on the scale either! Oh and I usually don't play under this name Bettina :)

I would like SD if better if people would stick around to fight instead of running off to get more secondaries.
"Running away" to get more weapons to come back and fight is noble.
Hanging around with just lasers, while someone is firing triple fusions in a tank is a dead hero.

Let me know who you are next time.....or are you afraid.

Bettina :wink:
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

bet51987 wrote:Hanging around with just lasers, while someone is firing triple fusions in a tank is a dead hero.
Uhm, no. You know, there's something that's called "dodging". Works very well especialy in an open area :P And a laser will do, a super laser rocks and a quad super laser owns ;)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

lol

I wanna get bettina on teamspeak !!!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Killing a fusion-boating tank with just lasers (or its equivalent in earlier renditions) is one of the most amusing schoolings you can give in Descent. :)
max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by max kragen »

[quote]sum1's mind: "NO,NO..don't play the way YOU want to play..instead, play the way I want you to play so I CAN KILL YOU with my years of built up piloting skills coupled with the knowledge of unfriendly environments versus your pathetic attempts at even flying"[end quote].
HAH!What a pitifully twisted sick joke, while u sit behind your joystick and play with your shrunken penis, one eye on the door, pondering illicit thoughts of juvenile sexcapades...
(I've been tryin to hold that in but the rain has weakened the once strong levy and finally crumbled the foundation...let the storms begin.)

And Bettina, in case you had'nt noticed, my so-called gallant rescue effort ended in my suicide agin' the wall...err, sorry but that mega was comin in quick.

ALSO!...If you (whoeva') responds to this, leave out the part about how it takes years to get so good and how I should'nt put down good pilots and all that crap...heard so much of that line it makes the bile rise to the top of my throat. YOU! too, can be killed just like me or him or her...SO, in the end it just makes YOU look stupid for gloating on here and then goin' in there being killed by a lucky shot that you could'nt avoid just like that unskilled pilot...kinda' sheds a whole new light on things huh?
p.s. yes, as a matter of fact, sum1 did piss in my cereal!!RAAARGGHHHHHH!!!!( just give me sumthin' ta break!!) :x
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Oh, anyone can be killed, yes. It's just a measure of how much they hammer you first...
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

The original song was "Head like a hole" by Nine Inch Nails on the album Pretty Hate Machine (track 1, I think)

:p

ahem, being that I am the resident DBB poet, I'll compose a little diddy for Bet...

Ingus got you runnin
Smokin ya like grass
We was inventin Descent
before you could wipe your own ass
And you escape from the scene
Like OJ Simpson in a Bronco
Because you're just another no talent crackhoe
And I don't even believe your a she
You probably have to stand up to take a pee
And look at naked pictures of little children all day
Because your dad molested you and took your childhood away
So now you want to compensate by playing childish games
But after this is over no one'll remember your name
Its the same old story the same old song
You're like the birth control accident that went all wrong
And I don't mean to put your unknown face to shame
Its just that Bettina has just left another game.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

O.o
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

bet51987 wrote:"Running away" to get more weapons to come back and fight is noble.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

There was no "fight" to begin with.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

max kragen wrote:
sum1's mind: "NO,NO..don't play the way YOU want to play..instead, play the way I want you to play so I CAN KILL YOU ... [end quote]
You ever heard the expression "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt"?

One of the points being made here is that SD so cripples the pilots who depend upon it's weapons is that they're super easy to kill, even on their home turf.