Aussie Fatasses

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Aussie Fatasses

Post by DCrazy »

Does this make it okay to insult every Australian we see for being an overweight lardass? You know, with them being the most overweight country and all. I figure after America has been the butt of every fat joke any foreigner has ever told it's right time we get even.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

no
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

"Often there are not many clothes in my size; most stop at size 14," Dunwell said.

They should stop making sizes higher than 10.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I have always maintained that Australia is the same as the US but with stranger animals. This just proves it.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

WTF
"I think the reason is there is a socio-economic difference. On average Australians are more affluent than Americans.
WTF

i weigh 63kgs. (140pounds). i'm type 1 diabetic, which ISN'T the fat ★■◆● disease (that's TYPE2).

i didn't quote understand the male measurements they were giving though: they said that australian males have larger chest girth, is this not indicative of more muscle mass, since males shove most of their fat around their belly?

man, we're gonna have to chase more kangaroos n stuff. i hope a big deal is made of this on the local media, ppl LOVE a good excuse to go out and sport around.

all in all, this is certainly a surprise to me, since we generally always hear that we are 3rd/2nd fattest, with america being #1. we'll all have to eat less american food :lol:
DCrazy wrote:Does this make it okay to insult every Australian we see for being an overweight lardass?
most australians YOU SEE will not be fat. only the active and adventurous leave the borders, these ppl are hardly lazy.

really, most young australians i see are not fat, so i am having a little trouble believing this research. i'll keep an extra scientific eye out for it though when i'm out and about.

older australians however are noticably fatter, perhaps this is what has skewed the results enough to beat america.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
:(
XeonJr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by XeonJr »

National Size and Shape survey of 60 body dimensions of 1400 Australians
The same method of measuring body dimensions was used in the American study of 4000 people.
LOL!
nuff said...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

what mean you?
XeonJr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by XeonJr »

What I meaneth

They surveyed a mere 1400 Australians and concluded that the results are an Australian national average :P
1 + 1 = 5!

Then they compared that to a survey of 4000 Americans.
2 * 3 = 72!

Pehaps we should be re-evaluating their funding :P
Dedman wrote:I have always maintained that Australia is the same as the US but with stranger animals. This just proves it.
Proves what again? :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hmm, perhaps they could have used bigger samples.
they sampled about 1 outof every 14,000 australians, and significantly stastically less americans - 1 outof every 72,000.
but i trust it was random enough to give a good average, why believe otherwise.

and dedman, we're more aligned with the UK than the USA, thank goodness.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Culturally I always thought you guys were closer to us than to the Brits.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

roid wrote:
man, we're gonna have to chase more kangaroos n stuff.
Better "hop" to it Roidy. :wink:
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

woodchip wrote:
roid wrote:
man, we're gonna have to chase more kangaroos n stuff.
Better "hop" to it Roidy. :wink:
x2
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Dedman wrote:Culturally I always thought you guys were closer to us than to the Brits.
not as far as i see, well unless you can set it out in point form or something.

- weather/climate wise the USA would be a closer match.
- we probabaly get more USA entertainment on the - TV/movies than UK entertainment (but even the UK itself gets a huge amount of USA programming).
- i'm not sure about music, it's so open to personal taste.
- language. we are definitely close to the UK, and we consciously RESIST any sway in language towards the USA. if some slang we say isn't local, it's probabaly a throwback from the UK.
- politics. i must walk on eggshells saying this here, but i'd say we're less "extreme" (less right? less authoritarian? i dunno) than the USA, more layed back. we abhor capital punishment.
- population mentality. we're very layed back, ready to laugh at ourselves and life in general. we also definitely have the UK "stiff upper lip" idea down to a T, we generally don't react too much even to catastrophies. it's all business as usual.
the nation did started heavily drinking from WW2.

i was just reading something today that was suggesting that we have a soft mentality towards criminals because mis-sentanced criminals built our nation about 200 years ago. our historic national heros are even criminals.

anyway, we have a lot of USA influence constantly pounding us, but we still consider the UK as "the friendly grandparents' home".

oh,
and tea and bikkys. that should seal it :P