What frightens you the most.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Mr.Rsm
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mr.Rsm »

losing a limb. I would probably kill myself before having to live withuot an arm or leg. Even a finger.
Nightmare USA
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nightmare USA »

Well I have been thinking about this thread and it hit me last night. I was told that my friend Mark who is in his late 40's has cancer. He has a six year old daughter named Angela who is cute as a button. Apparently he has it in three different parts of his body and it is at stage four. He has been told that this is his last Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That scares me alot... I would have to agree with others that I am afraid of dying from something like this and of leaving my kids and there mother on there own at such a tender age.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

don't know if this has been said yet:

Going blind
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Nightmare USA wrote:Well I have been thinking about this thread and it hit me last night. I was told that my friend Mark who is in his late 40's has cancer. He has a six year old daughter named Angela who is cute as a button. Apparently he has it in three different parts of his body and it is at stage four. He has been told that this is his last Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That scares me alot... I would have to agree with others that I am afraid of dying from something like this and of leaving my kids and there mother on there own at such a tender age.
I'm sorry I started this thread now.... :(
Nightmare USA
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nightmare USA »

bet51987 wrote:
Nightmare USA wrote:Well I have been thinking about this thread and it hit me last night. I was told that my friend Mark who is in his late 40's has cancer. He has a six year old daughter named Angela who is cute as a button. Apparently he has it in three different parts of his body and it is at stage four. He has been told that this is his last Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I'm sorry I started this thread now.... :(
Don't without reflection we would not truly value what we have.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Mr.Rsm wrote:losing a limb. I would probably kill myself before having to live withuot an arm or leg. Even a finger.
Thats just stupid. No offense.

I used to be scared of losing a body part as well. Mostly my hands, considering that they allow you to do so much but I'd much rather be alive and have one missing limb/part then not be alive at all.

Might consider death if I lost my unit and the docs couldn't repair it to full function :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yeah if i lost a hand i'd take it as a sweet excuse to get really into biometrics (is that the word?) :D

my new hand'd have a gameboy in it. oh and a WATCH!!!

loosing a limb wouldn't be a life-ender for me. there are plenty of methods to play music, some quite inventive.

loose a hand, and you can concentrate on things not involving 2 hands. maybe i'd get into gymnastics and kungfoo like i always wanted to.
if i lost a leg, i'd concentrate on things not involving 2 legs. probably not much different to what i do now :D.
(oh and perhaps biometrics, then i can still do the kungfoo thing later :P).
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

Boo wrote:Mushrooms.

Don't ask.
ditto that.
Mr.Rsm
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mr.Rsm »

Tyranny wrote:
Mr.Rsm wrote:losing a limb. I would probably kill myself before having to live withuot an arm or leg. Even a finger.
Thats just stupid. No offense.

I used to be scared of losing a body part as well. Mostly my hands, considering that they allow you to do so much but I'd much rather be alive and have one missing limb/part then not be alive at all.

Might consider death if I lost my unit and the docs couldn't repair it to full function :P
You're probably right, I went a little too far with that one, but losing a limb still scares the livin shiz outta me.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'd have to say losing my mind scares me, but then if I did I wouldn't know it anyways.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

woodchip wrote:I'd have to say losing my mind scares me, but then if I did I wouldn't know it anyways.
Yeah I sometimes get scared about that too. Maybe losing who I am or what makes me... me. I dunno, so yeah I guess that's losing your mind.