D1 & D2 online help!

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Kd527
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D1 & D2 online help!

Post by Kd527 »

The games don't run when I try to launch them with Kali!! Anyone know...? I couldn't join the D2 revival because of this!

If I try running D1X, it launches the DOS program, and a few lines of words appear, then it just doesn't do anything (it would be helpful if it actually launched the game).

With D2 Win95 version, the screen will resize as if it's starting the game, then it just closes and it's back at the desktop (which BTW doesn't have the background image anymore). D2 is supposedly 1.2, altho Kali shows it as 1.0, but in the game it says v1.2....

I would try D2X, but I can't seem to find a version that has 1) sound, 2) full screen, 3) plays the movies, 6) reads the CD and 5) gets past the select pilot menu (u know the one where u choose your player name). These problems appear to happen. Very major.

:? :? :? :?: :x Image

Oh yeah, this is a Windozexp machine (homebuilt)
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800 (overclocked to 2000)
video card: GeForce FX5200
Motherboard: Abit
Sound: Sound Blaster
RAM: 768MB DDR
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Latest drivers for your motherboard (it might help if you specify exactly what parts you're using instead of just briefly mentioning the brand names...which tell us precicely jack ★■◆●.) and graphics card? As for your D2x problem, did you actually bother to read the readme file and download the updated DLL files?
Kd527
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kd527 »

Well, I got D2X working, but there's no point unless I can play it online! It, just like the Win95 executable, crashes after startup if I launch it with Kali. Would the fact that I'm only using the trial version of Kali have anything to do with that...?

BTW I don't remember the exact model of the motherboard and sound card, and I know that isn't too helpfull...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

http://stpohle.dyndns.org/d2x/

try the CVS one first, and if it doesn't work, try the non CVS one.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

here is the version of D2x that I use. I know for a fact that it works with Kali with no problems at all.

As for Kali, what parameters do you use?

Just for reference, here are my settings:

You need to find out what motherboard you actually have. In order to do so, you need to actually pop the sidepanel of your case off and look on the board itself. If there is no label, look for the FCC ID. As for your video card, you can download the latest drivers from nvidia.com.