Another lip sync??

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Another lip sync??

Post by Couver_ »

Anyone else see the singer of the first song during the Orange Bowl? Kelly Clarkson?

She was moving her mouth but no other sounds then the music came with it. Methinks another "scandel" is afoot. Pretty funny when Ashlee Simpson ended it. Was it a jest at her or another mistake?

Course I am railed so who is to know?
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Who cares if they lipsync. I'd rather have that than a terrible sounding concert.

Most singers in the 80s did it so why make a fuss about it now?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Because most of these pop-singers are pushed out there on an assembly line these days. Most of them can't sing worth a damn in person or have the vocal range to last long live, they just look nice. So, you get them to come into a studio and record about 6 songs once a week that somebody else wrote and then the studio wizards work their magic and turn them into catchy somewhat decent songs.

Which is why, when they perform live, they never actually sing. The big deal is they just make the record companies tons of money without having any true talent. That is a slap in the face to everyone else that has twice the talent in their little finger and can't catch a break because they don't have a certain "look".

It is also indicative of how the record companies in the US just don't give a damn about quality anymore.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Most consumers in the world don't give a damn about quality either...
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Most consumers in the world don't know what quality is until they find it elsewhere. It has to be provided and shown to be better before they'll ever know :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

singing in a stadium like that, not designed for acoustics. it can get really echoey, i've seen some very weird performances as a result (as the music arrives to the singer at a different time to it arrives to the audience, woa boy). so i'd think for situations like that pre-recording is preferred.

(i had to look up "orange bowl" in wikipedia and i don't know who kelly clarkson is, nor care to.)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

She is the latest prefab unit ready for mass money consumption. She derives from the model line of "Money Whore" which over the last 8 years has been a very popular model. Unfortunately these particular models only last about 2-4 years before they become obsolete.

That is really all you need to know :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i already figured that much anyway.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Thank God for lip syncing. I remember seeing the Grammy awards and Four Non Blondes played that stink song of theirs. The chick literally screamed the song. It was pitiful and disgusting. I switched it off immediately.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I've seen our homeschool band play with more talent than some of these people. Seriously.

http://www.stryker2.com/Silvertones/RockinRobin.mp3

Horrible recording quality, but it sounded pretty danged good when heard from the audience.

BTW, I'm the trumpet with the scream part near the end. ;) Course I was dead tired after playing in a band right before that one, plus that was the last song of that band, so... yeah.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

Xamindar wrote:Who cares if they lipsync. I'd rather have that than a terrible sounding concert.

Most singers in the 80s did it so why make a fuss about it now?
wow.
give into the marketing like a good moron.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Personally, I'd much rather hear a talented artist's actual live performance than a pre-recorded track. Despite the possibility of an awkward note or even poor sound equipment, there's something about the vulnerability of hearing an unedited voice (or instrument) which really appeals to me.
roid wrote:singing in a stadium like that, not designed for acoustics. it can get really echoey, i've seen some very weird performances as a result (as the music arrives to the singer at a different time to it arrives to the audience, woa boy). so i'd think for situations like that pre-recording is preferred.
Professional singers, at least in venues that large, usually wear earphones designed to block out the outside (delayed) sound, so they can keep in correct time and on key.
roid wrote:(i had to look up "orange bowl" in wikipedia and i don't know who kelly clarkson is, nor care to.)
That's the funny thing. Kelly Clarkson is actually one of the few who does have significant singing talent. (She's really quite good; a friend of mine even sang with her before she became famous.) Of course, I didn't see the halftime show, so I can't tell what really happened there.
Zoop!
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Zoop! »

Link to Video: CLICKY

Go Oklahoma!!! :P
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

that was awesome. i wish they'd done a close up on her while they were booing.
Stupid
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stupid »

Ahhh... It wasn't until later that I found out that the girl that was making my ears practically BLEED was Ashlee Simpson... she definitely wasn't lip-synching, as the rest of her normal songs are a hell of a lot better. The only thing she's any good for is to look at, and even then, she looks/sounds like a country music star that decided to go goth, and got caught trying to scream lyrics and sing them at the same time.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

She can't sing either. After the SNL incident and now this, her warranty just expired :P
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Ouch. Makes me glad I didn't watch the halftime show.
Zoop! wrote:Go Oklahoma!!! :P
I'm guessing the smiley is because Oklahoma got absolutely plastered?
I live in central OK (for those who don't know, Oklahoma football is life or death around here), and it was amazing to see how depressed the general atmosphere was the next morning. Before the game, OU flags/clothing/memorabilia were proudly displayed everywhere; a neighbor even had a spotlight on his large OU flag in front of his house. But the morning after the game, I barely saw any OU stuff anywhere. Even the sports guys on the radio were relatively subdued. Crazy. :roll:
Zoop!
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Zoop! »

Actually Foil, I did the smiley not just because Oklahoma get humuliated, but I used to live in Yukon, Oklahoma. I really wanted to see OU win. :)
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I searched for a good hour for the clip of Ashlee getting booed. When I found it I laughed my ass off :P

75,000 Booing Football Fans cant be wrong this time!
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

As I've mentioned in another thread, it's all about making the video, for whatever markey segment they're trying to suck dry...

.. if you want real creativity in your music, then you must be some kind of troglodyte ...

OK, I'll make it easy for you; if you see the "artist" on E! or 'Entertainment Tonite', deduct one point from the interest meter. There's plenty of other good acts around. And there are always the classics ...
CritterB
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CritterB »

I was watchig the halftime show with my dvr going and it seemed to me Kelly was the only one really singing. And right after the county guy quit, before Ashlee suckson started you could clearly hear a guy yell "Hey Ashlee, you Suck!" And I am pretty sure she retorted with "F-*-c-k Off!! I played it back a few times to make sure but I was laughing my a-s-s off.
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

Hey Avder, got a link? ;)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Zoop: no longer living in FL? Sucks that you had to move to Oklahoma just in time for that asswhuppin.
Zoop!
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Zoop! »

DCrazy wrote:Zoop: no longer living in FL? Sucks that you had to move to Oklahoma just in time for that asswhuppin.
Actually, I said I was from Oklahoma. I've since moved to Florida, then moved to Los Angeles, then back to Florida. :)
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Source

ASHLEE SIMPSON'S DAD BANS HER LESBIAN SCENES
Pop beauty Ashlee Simpson's manager and father Joe has changed the gay plot in her movie debut, "Wannabe," because he's uncomfortable with his daughter playing a lesbian.
The former Baptist minister fears the star's chances of breaking into Hollywood would be hampered if she played a homosexual, so he ordered movie producers to alter the romantic comedy's script, reports gossip bible Page Six.

He explains, "I changed it. It doesn't work for her to be gay the first thing out. She said, 'But it's cool, it's edgy, it's different,' and of course the filmmakers were like, 'It's cool for a woman to be a lesbian.'

"She's going to be a huge movie star. She's like Meg Ryan or Cameron Diaz, with probably more depth. When we're done, she'll play it all."

Yeah..ok. :roll:
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

She has less depth than a pie tin. And thats being generous.
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

It's got to be tough to make it that far, obtain your dreams, and have it taken away in an instant: to be considered a fraud with no chance of return.

Of the last two artists that had this happen to them, one of them killed himself. I hope Ashley just steps down and finds a new occupation. Take the money she earned, go to college, get a good job.

She can't return, she needs to realize that. (Hell, I didn't even know who she was before the SNL thing.)
Nirvana
DBB Harasser
DBB Harasser

Post by Nirvana »

[quote="Xamindar"]Who cares if they lipsync. I'd rather have that than a terrible sounding concert.
[quote]

But lip syncing or not, they DO sound terrible!