Chat Help

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

OO7GUY
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Chat Help

Post by OO7GUY »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm staying at a motel in New York, and when I start up Vortex, I can see the games, but none of the chat servers are \"online\". Others, at the LAN, had the same problem, so I know it isn't the machine. I can connect to the internet, AND I can join games. It's just chat. I cannot join chat on mIRC, Vortex, OR Kali. It seems just to be the chat. I thought it was Java, but my son plays a Java-based Online game on the computer, so I dont think that it is Java. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, or why the problem exists, could you please post?

Thanks in advanced.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

probably closed ports which are necessary for chat.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I've had the exact same thing occur to me at some point over the past few months when I'm at school. Unless our campus's network administrator decided to suddenly change some port settings after two-and-a-half years of leaving them untouched, I have no idea what's going on.