Descent 3 no CD?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

ottopilot61
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 3 no CD?

Post by ottopilot61 »

Is there a no CD program for D3? If so, where can I find it?

Thanx in advance,

Ottopilot61
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

gamecopyworld should have one
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

thats the 1.4 update patch not the no cd crack
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It includes both the patch and the crack; Suncho released it recently.
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

ah my bad
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

You could also just rip the CD to your hard drive via your burning program of choice, and mount it via Daemon Tools. That way, theres no question of legality. I'm not saying that nocd patches are illegal, they're just in a *ahem* legal grey area.
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

Ummmmmm , What ????

nvrmind I wont understand.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

woodi wrote:Ummmmmm , What ????

nvrmind I wont understand.
Its actually very simple. I'll post instructions for Nero Burning Rom 6 since thats the program I use, which is also fairly commonly bundled with burners.

Open Nero like normal. You should get a wizard dialog asking you what kind of disk you would like to burn. Click the cancel button. There should be a pulldown menu on the right side that has your burner listed. Click the down arrow next to the pulldown menu and select Image Recorder. Then just click the copy CD button (button with the two CDs on it) and then just follow the on-screen instructions like you would when copying a CD. (If you don't know how, say so and I will be more than happy to elaborate further.) Nero will then probe the source CD (which should be in your burner, or any other drive if you have more than one. If it doesn't pick it up, go back and do it again, and make sure you pick the correct source drive. (If you only have one, that being the burner, then you won't have to worry about this.) Once its through probing the CD, you will be asked to pick a location to save the image file (in NRG format, which is Nero's version of the standard ISO image. This is OK since damn near every disk emulator will read this format.). Just pick a location and save it there. Then Nero will do its thing, so just sit back and wait until it says its done. Once its done, close Nero (no you don't have to save anything).

Now, if you already have Daemon Tools installed, all you have to do is right-click on the icon in your system tray (bottom-right portion of your display, next to your clock) and select Virtual CD\DVD-ROM and just pick a drive and select mount image. Navigate to where you saved the NRG file, select it and click OK. You're done. The image is loaded, and windows will recognize it like it were an actual CD. It will read it alot faster than a normal CD seeing as its on your hard drive, which can access information alot faster.

If any of this confused you, don't hesitate to point out what confused you and I'll be more than happy to explain.