RIP Perry Manley

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

RIP Perry Manley

Post by Ferno »

http://www.realchangenews.org/current/manley_quest.html

This guy was fighting for equal parental rights and support for fifteen years, burning flags and dressing up as the Grim Reaper to call attention to his cause. Apparently it took his death for people to finally pay attention.

you can find out more about what he was all about by visiting www.toprigts.org
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Interesting topic
rush
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by rush »

Although I agree with some of his points, Ferno. I also have to think that he put himself in that particular predicament by showing up with a fake hand grenade.

On closer inspection it was revealed to be drilled out and made ineffective. However, just his act of holding something in his hands like that I find the officers acted justifiably to end the ordeal so as to not endanger any other lives potentially. If he didn't intend "suicide by cop", why show up with a prop like that and claim to use it?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

For 15 years, Manley has been arguing thereâ??s no such thing as a non-custodial parent.
Sorry, can't agree with him on that point. Not when at least one family I know had daddy threaten to kill mommy and the baby and take the other kids... in that case, daddy is definitely non-custodial.
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

Lothar wrote:
For 15 years, Manley has been arguing thereâ??s no such thing as a non-custodial parent.
Sorry, can't agree with him on that point. Not when at least one family I know had daddy threaten to kill mommy and the baby and take the other kids... in that case, daddy is definitely non-custodial.
That was similar my first reaction, but I checked out the website Ferno linked to, www.toprights.org, and they state that "We believe, in the absence of abuse or neglect, both parents have an equal right to legal and physical joint custody of their child." (which is a little different from what Manley stated, but I would hope he would have agreed)

However, given his actions, I can't help but suspect he had some mental health issues and may not have been fit to have custody of his child. BUT, I wasn't there and I didn't know him . . . so I really can't judge.

Mr. Manley's death sounds like a sad ending to an already tragic situation.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

rush wrote:Although I agree with some of his points, Ferno. I also have to think that he put himself in that particular predicament by showing up with a fake hand grenade.
That sort of thing happens when you've tried absolutely everything and it falls on deaf ears. So you end up doing a 'desperate and last-resort' thing with the full awareness of the consequences.