Alarmclock that flys around your room till you catch it

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Alarmclock that flys around your room till you catch it

Post by roid »

http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info ... cts_id=641
Many sleepers experience that after they turn off the alarm clock they go on sleeping. One thing that sometimes wakes you up at night and prevents you from sleeping is the mosquito or blowfly when flying around your room. You can't and don't want to fall asleep again until you've caught it. These produces adrenalin and requires movements. The alarm clock blowfly works like a "blowfly" that at the desire time it escapes from a cage in your room. It starts moving and producing sound around you - to turn it off you should catch it and put it back in the cage.
SOOOOOO NEAT!
This thing actually flys around your room on it's own. Try sleeping through that!
It'd suck if when it takes off it runs outof batterys and slams into your head though. Mind you, there'd be no going back to sleep from that ;)
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Ok that's funny as sh1t. I need one ...
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

What sound does it make other than the sound of it knocking stuff off of bookshelves?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Dedman wrote:What sound does it make other than the sound of it knocking stuff off of bookshelves?
zzzzzZZZZZZZZBZBZBZBZBZBZBZBZZZZBZBZBZZBZBZBZBZB
*bounces off face*
ZBZBZTZZYTZTZTZTZTTSTSATSBSSTSTSTSTSTS
*crashes into ceiling*
BZBZBZBZZZZZZZZZZZZAABZBZBZBZBZBZZZZZ!!!
*grinds it's blades into the cat*
GBGBGBZGZBZGZBZGZBZGZZGZGZZZGZGZGZZZZ
*gets vapourised as it hits my ceiling fan*
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

I heard about another one that hides in a different place everyday so you have to find it. I think the best idea was the yoko ono alarm clock that plays samples from that show she did with john lennon where she just screams like a stuck pig and called it "art".

;-0
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

roid wrote:
Dedman wrote:What sound does it make other than the sound of it knocking stuff off of bookshelves?
zzzzzZZZZZZZZBZBZBZBZBZBZBZBZZZZBZBZBZZBZBZBZBZB
*bounces off face*
ZBZBZTZZYTZTZTZTZTTSTSATSBSSTSTSTSTSTS
*crashes into ceiling*
BZBZBZBZZZZZZZZZZZZAABZBZBZBZBZBZZZZZ!!!
*grinds it's blades into the cat*
GBGBGBZGZBZGZBZGZBZGZZGZGZZZGZGZGZZZZ
*gets vapourised as it hits my ceiling fan*
That's a lot like what I had in mind.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

i have never wanted an alarm clock more in my life!!!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I absolutely NEED that thing. :P
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I actually need such a clock, I am guilty of sleeping in for an hour and a half after pressing the snooze button every 9 minutes. :P
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

That is really cool. I would absolutely hate it if I was subjected to one, but from a safe distance it is awesome.
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

Top Wop wrote:I actually need such a clock, I am guilty of sleeping in for an hour and a half after pressing the snooze button every 9 minutes. :P

You are not alone, I could totally see myself cover my head with my pillow and go right back to snoozing with that thing still flying around.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Well since we know what its gonna do. May as well tie a string to it so it can't go far! That'll keep it from making you get out of bed! :P
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:Well since we know what its gonna do. May as well tie a string to it so it can't go far! That'll keep it from making you get out of bed! :P
then... wouldn't one just not set the alarm? :P
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

or even have one! :lol:
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:or even have one! :lol:
precisely good buddy!!! D@MN THE MAN!!! :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Wouldn't work on me, if I don't want to wake up yet and I don't have a good reason too, nothing barring a natural or artificial disaster will keep me awake.

For instance, once I was helping my brother out with some project, and my aunt was also staying at my brother's house to avoid a 3 hour trip to work every day while she was shopping for a new house. I was awakened at around 5 AM by my aunt who was quite alarmed that there was a bird about the size of a robin flying about inside the house and crashing into various windows. For an instant I quietly cursed my bad luck that a bird had still been inside the hole in the eves of the house that I had just patched the day before with no help and at considerable risk to my own health. Then I calmly got up from the couch I was sleeping on and retrieved a hand towel from the kitchen, then chased the bird away from the window it was flapping in till it flew into a large picture window hard enough to knock itself out for a moment. I picked it up quickly with the towel, carried it to the door and set it out on the porch, where it woke up almost immediately and flew away. I then threw the towel in the laundry and declared my work done, my aunt thanked me and I went back to sleep for another 3 hours. My aunt later commented to my mom that had that happened in her house it would have been in an uproar for hours and she was rather surprised when I dealt with it as if it was an every day normal occurrence.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

I've seen the concept of this clock before. Awhile back, there was a newspeper article about a different version, which rolled around on wheels. It would get under a chair and start beeping shrilly :) extremely hard to sleep through.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i would end up getting a base ball bat after it